Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Creamy smooth skin technique for Photoshop CS

This topic contains 80 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Here is a super easy way to create smooth creamy skin. Who wants pores and redness showing?

I used this to just hide a few of the tiny freckles and blemishes on my cousin and her newbo. The baby had cradle cap and some redness like baby acne. I wanted them both to have a smoother dreamier look.

I also wanted to hide the freckles in my cousins shoulder and soften that up a bit.

The images are so small that you may not even be able to tell the difference unless you really zoom.

Before and after images….

[img:width=531&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1278637284_177_FT0_jen_photoshop_example.jpg[/img]
    [img:width=531&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1278637284_177_FT0_jen_photoshop_after.jpg[/img]

I did a few other things to complete and polish the image. I sharpened my cousins eyes (not using the sharpen tool which I hate) – I removed the distraction in the background of the upper right coer and then I slightly blurred the rest of the background.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Holy Cow!!!!!!! How did you do that!?!?!?!?

Blah, I don't have CS..

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

Jen, That has come up so well!!! love how you removed the bits in the background and maintained the quality of the photo!

WOW!!!!

OK I promise this is really easy!

Step 1. open your image.

Step 2. make a new layer with a duplicate – because I never alter my original image. I may really hate what I have done and have to start fresh. To make a duplicate:
        At the top menu: Layers- Duplicate

Step 3. At the top menu: Filter – Blur – Gaussian Blur set the Gaussian blur to about 16 pixels or so. It needs to be somewhat blurry.

Step 4. you are going to add a layer mask to step #3 above. Easiest way for me to explain this:
        At the top menu: Layer – Layer Mask – Hide All.
        This places a black rectangle next to your duplicated image that was just blurred. The black rectangle is the mask.
        The Quick shortcut for this is to hold the Layer Mask Key down while holding the ALT key. The Layer Mask key is found where your thumbnails are appearing…your layers. It looks like a rectangle with a circle in the middle.

Step 5. As long as black is appearing in the rectangle…..you can click on the paint brush tool. Right click to make sure you have Brush selected. Set Opacity to about 15% or 20%. The opacity level is found at the top under the main tool bar.

Step 6. Here is how the paint brush works if you are not all that familiar. Like any real paintbrush, the more times you paint over something, the darker/ heavier it will get. This acts the same. Each time you press the mouse and paint over an area, it will add another coat of paint.

Step 7. It's a super great idea to zoom in when you are painting. The zoom is also found in the top menu bar OR use the magnifying glass ICON. Make your paint brush the appropriate size and gently pain the areas you want to smooth out.

I probably went over my cousin's face about 4 times – along with her arms.

Very important……DO NOT brush over eyes, mouth, nostrils and the coer of the nose. That are the areas of the face that need to remain sharp for a natural look.

Guess what – all done.

One thing to note. You'll be able to tell if your paint brush is working. You will see white spots appear in the black masking rectangle. Very cool if you ask me. I love to watch the white appear.

In Photoshop…black conceals and white reveals.

While I had my paint brush working, I painted over the background a bit too to reveal a bit of the Gaussian Blurr layer. Helps redirect the attention to the people in the image in my opinion. This will also show in the black mask box.

I sharpened her eyes too – which I think make a dramatic impact since Jessica has such big puppy eyes. That's a lesson for another day -just as easy as this one.

uhhhhh I hope that was easy.

Hey – I made the flowers for the hat from the organza tutorial. I hope that one gets revived. We taped them to the baby hat.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

She is a beautiful lady!!

I thought the flowers look handmade….sooooo pretty!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh yeah, I tued this B&W by adding just one more quick layer. My cousin is a huge fan of the B&W.

Last layer: really easy……click on the half moon cookie as I call it. This is found in the layers pallet where your thumbnail layers are appearing. It's a circle that is half black and half white. If you click that, you'll see a bunch of options appear and the middle-ish is Black and white.

select that and BAM – you've just added a B&W layer. Toggle the eyeball on and off to see the changes.
          [img:width=531&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1278639988_177_FT5414_jen_scrap_image_bw.jpg[/img]

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

oooo, can you color the flowers back in? that would look sooo cool!!!!!!!

She is a beautiful lady!!

I thought the flowers look handmade….sooooo pretty!!!!!!!!

She is quite stunning.

Thanks so much

aww! great idea with the flowers–they look gorgeous on the hat! wonderful pic!

OK I tued the flowers back to blue.
            [img:width=531&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1278644625_177_FT5414_jen_-_tiny_bw_with_blue.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

That's amazing! I wish I had that program!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.