This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!! Isn't this flower adorable!? I ran across this tutorial on the web months ago and it has been rolling around my head ever since. It is so versatile making it perfect for every one one of your gorgeous creations. Let's go!
      [img:width=160&height=107]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187072_13_FT0_th_crepepapercaations.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
        Send PM

Sorry for the size of the photos. I resized them to be bigger, but they aren't. I'm having computer issues today…grrr

Supplies

* Crepe Paper – I wouldn't suggest the rolls of crepe paper that you buy for parties because it is much too thin. You can use it. I tried it and wasn't as satisfied with it. They were still cute and will work in a pinch. The difference in weight and stiffness makes a huge difference with this flower. I bought my crepe paper from Paper Whimsy. This site has awesome downloadable files too!
        * Two circle punches – a 1 inch and a 3/4 inch
        * Glitter and glitter tray
        * Matte Medium
        * Fast drying liquid glue
        * Tweezers
        * Pearls for the flower center – I bought a string of pearls in the jewelry department at Michael's. You can pick up some nice stuff when there is a sale or by using one of their coupons.

[img:width=160&height=135]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187221_13_FT57203_th_crepepapersupplies.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
          Send PM

Step 1

Cut out 5 of each size circle with your punches. Just a side note, sharpen your punches first. Crepe paper is spongy and your punches may not cut all the way through. My punches are not a great quality so they struggled a bit. You also need to cut out a 1 inch circle out of card stock. This is the base that you will glue your petals to.

Make sure that all of your circles are placed so that the creases are vertical (going up and down). There is a reason for this and it will be explained in the next step. Using a small amount of liquid glue on the petal, pinch the bottom so that it looks like a fan (see above). Do this to all of your petals.

[img:width=160&height=107]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187258_13_FT57203_th_crepestep1.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
            Send PM

Step 2

No, you aren't seeing double. LOL Once you have glued all of your petals, go back to each one and pull at the creases of the paper making the petals fan out.

[img:width=160&height=107]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187296_13_FT57203_th_crepestep2.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
              Send PM

Step 3

Add some glitter to your glitter tray, or bowl. Make a little pile with it. Place a small amount of Matte Medium to your pointer finger. Now touch it to your thumb so that both fingers have Medium on them. Take each petal and place a small amount of Matte Medium on the edges by placing it between your finger and thumb. This will add some Medium to the top and bottom. Dip each petal, like a chip, into the glitter. You really just want to put a small amount on the edges.

[img:width=160&height=107]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187332_13_FT57203_th_crepestep3.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                Send PM

Step 4

Place some glue on the card stock circle. Begin to place the large petals around the circle. Tuck one side of your petal undeeath the petal before it.

[img:width=160&height=107]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187388_13_FT57203_th_crepestep4.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Step 5

Repeat the step above only this time using the small petals. I placed a dollop of glue in the middle and used my tweezers to help me place them and push down in the middle. You want to offset your petals, and will need to layer them the same way you did the larger ones. I like my flowers to have a little depth to them so I made sure to squish down the little petals making them pop up a little. The last step is to glue a pearl in the center. When everything dries you can play with the petals to fluff them up a little.

You can use whatever color crepe paper you want for these. You can use glass beads in place of glitter, or don't use any at all and use ink around the edges. You can use a smaller flower for the center, glass beads or whatever strikes your fancy. Really simple, totally customizable, and versatile. What else would you want from a flower!! Enjoy~

[img:width=160&height=107]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1292187422_13_FT57203_th_crepestep6.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

oooo tytyty I can not wait to get some of that paper and try these 🙂

Thank you! Thank you Lisa! I appreciate the time and effort you put into sharing this gorgeous flower for us. These are so perfect, I can almost smell their sweet scent.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

ok I found some of that paper, I acatually had some? weird…ok made a couple, they look nothing like your but they are still sweet so thanks again 🙂

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Joyce, you are more than welcome! It's fun to share 🙂

Shona, you make me laugh. I can't wait to see them!

Oh, Lisa! So excited to make some of the fleurs! They are darling! Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm loving the poinsettias!!!

Great tutorial, Lisa! I will have to see if I can find some crepe paper. No hobby or craft stores near me. Maybe I can order it online!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Great tutorial, Lisa! I will have to see if I can find some crepe paper. No hobby or craft stores near me. Maybe I can order it online!

I have a link on my blog for the company that I bought the crepe paper from. Micheal's didn't carry it and the rolls of crepe you can buy for parties just doesn't give you the same flower.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Those are so pretty!!! TFS Lisa!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.