Home Forums Scrap Chat Classifieds Cricut Expression, Carts, and Accessories

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I'm not really posting this as an actual ad, but tell me, if you were in the market, how much would you be willing to pay for a used, excellent condition Cricut Expression? I also have 14 carts, the tool accessories kit, 2 12X12 mats, 2 12X24 mats, Deep Cut Blade Housing, and a bunch of the good blades from ebay. I'd like to post it on Craig's List or ebay for $300, but I don't know if that is reasonable. What do you think?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

With all the extra goodies it sounds more than reasonable to me

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh yes when you are throwing in all the extra bits I think that's a great price!

This is good to know. I'm contemplating doing the same thing. I have a gently used E, about 15/16 carts, a Jukebox, the deep blade housing with a couple of extra blades and 2-12×12 brand new mats and a roll of vinyl.

Not sure if I want another cutter that I have to use the computer with though. Probably just get the Vagabond and call it done.

I would actually like an opportunity to play with a Cameo before I make up my mind though.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Rae, please let me know the results. I seriously want to sell mine, too.

***If anybody here is interested:
            Cricut Expression, I guess you would call it gently used, in perfect condition.
            2 mats, brand new, still in the packaging. 1 mat, used, but still somewhat usable.
            Tool kit, only the spatula used.
            Gypsy, loaded with all of my carts as well as the freebies that Provo gave out about a year ago.
            (I'm embarrass to say) 29 carts, used only to upload to the Gypsy.
            All cords that came with the machine and the Gypsy.

I do not have any of the original packaging and I cannot give a good guesstimate as to shipping costs. EBay sellers seem to range around $20 – @30.

If anybody's interested, please PM me with an offer.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Hey, Peggy, I just had a great idea of how you might be able to get rid of your Cricut and accessories. (I'm going to do this!)
              Michaels has Cricut demos every couple of weeks- you could go, and then see if there are any people looking to purchase one. Of course, you'll have to be discreet as to not piss off the Michaels employees, but it might be worth it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

You know, I never thought of that, Rae. M's and/or ACM does have classes, I think. I'll check this one out. Thanks!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Any luck with yours?

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

No. I haven't had any time to catalog and photograph what I have. That is on my to-do list sometime this week.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Aaaah, I was thinking about doing the same… it is just collecting dust here. :/

Oh, wow! I can use my cricut just like a Cameo. If you have the old Make the Cut, I can tell you how to use the Silhouette shapes from the website just like with the cameo. I just can't use the draw feature…..But I can buy and cut any shape from the silhouette website.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Oh, wow! I can use my cricut just like a Cameo. If you have the old Make the Cut, I can tell you how to use the Silhouette shapes from the website just like with the cameo. I just can't use the draw feature…..But I can buy and cut any shape from the silhouette website.

I do the same thing, just tu them into SVG files and cut them out on the Cricut with the Make the Cut program.

Wish I'd have purchased the SCAL or Make the Cut programs before Provocraft got lawsuit happy… 🙁 It would make my poor neglected Cricut so much mroe versatile!

[quote]

I do the same thing, just tu them into SVG files and cut them out on the Cricut with the Make the Cut program.
                        [/quote]

Just wondering….do you purchase the shape, then print the silhouette shape out on paper, scan it and then send it through Inkscape to make the SVG file? That's how I do it. But don't ever update the MTC…..I did that once and had to go to a restore point on my computer to be able to use the MTC again. I almost had a heart attack when my Cricut didn't work on my files!!!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Well I'm a bit of a bad girl, if I see a shape I like I just right click on the image and copy it and then take it into my Paint Shop Pro program and redraw it and save it as a .png file then I import the .png file into my Inkscape program to tu it into an .svg file so I can import it into Make the Cut and cut it with my Cricut

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.