Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Recipes CrockPot recipes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok, so I was finally able to get my hands on a crockpot here in Sweden, after having wanted one for 20 years! But I need some more recipes! What are your favorite ones, using your crockpot?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

Oh, I have so many!!! This time of year it gets a lot of use. I have to leave for work so I will get back to this a bit later.

Helen, I love making beef – or chicken stew in my crockpot. Then when I get home from work, the stew is hot, tasty and ready.

Prep the meat as you would if you were making regular stew, meaning brown the edges to capture the juice. I am lazy so I just toss my meat in frozen even.

– Add 1 packet of onion soup mix and the amoutn of water from the soup mix packet
        – Add your veggies potatoes, carrots, celery, co, a little fresh onion)
        I usually add a few splashes of worschester sauce but not always. Sometimes I add beer or red wine.

– add tyme, oregano, salt , pepper and a I also add some beef boulion.

Let it cook low for about 7-8 hours – ohhhhh man.

I also LOVE making stuffed peppers in my crock pot.

I make bunch at a time and then freeze. I pull them out as needed to cook.

I do not even par boil the peppers to cook faster. No need.
        I do cook the rice first -but I do not pre cook oor brown the meat. I just mix it all raw and stuff into the raw pepper.

If frozen, I place the peppers frozen into the crock and dump tomatoe sauce over them. Tu on low for 7-8 hurs and BAM – the meat and pepper is perfect.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Try this site. someone sent it to me:
          http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/index.html
          It has lots of recipies free.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks girls! ;D

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.