Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop CS5

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Debbie are you able to use all the actions you installed in elements in your cs5 or do you have to repurchase the cs version do you know?

They are not interchangeable…

Florabella was kind enough to send me the CS5 version at no cost. What great customer service. She didn't have to do that. I went to Pioneer Woman and CoffeeShop and downloaded the CS5 versions of those actions that I used from them. Basically, I have all the same ones….except some of those fun actions like the postage stamp and Out of Bounds that I used. I still have my PSE installed, so I can always revert back to that if need be. I don't have the actions that you recommended that I bought right before they went out of the Photoshop action business. Can't remember the name right now….but you have those actions. Guess I won't be getting a CS5 of those.
    I really do like CS5…..that's going to be my Christmas present from me to me….

Yes I'm looking into too since I can get the student discount under my daughters name. But I am confused by all the versions of it!!!! What's the difference between cs5 and cs5 extended version.

I really don't know….guess I should ask that question….Let you know if I find out.

Yes I'm looking into too since I can get the student discount under my daughters name. But I am confused by all the versions of it!!!! What's the difference between cs5 and cs5 extended version.

I think the extended version has some 3D capabilities for movie making and illustrating. I did not think I be venturing in that direction anytime soon so I skipped the extra expense.

Here is what I just googled for ya….some advice from the expert:

So does that mean that if I’m a photographer only, I shouldn’t get extended?
    I see you’re trying your best to get me in trouble here. Personally, if I were just using Photoshop to edit my photos I’d probably skip the extended version. If you use Photoshop for graphic design, special effects, or illustration in any way though, I’d get extended in a heartbeat. Basically, if you find 3D or video of any interest, then go ahead and grab the extended version. Cost-wise, it’s not that much more then the standard version, and if you use it once on a job then you’ll have paid for it.

So those of you who have cs5, what do you have? CS5 standard version? Do you need lightroom?

it's all geek to me!!!

I have the extended version only because my brother is a graphics artist and that's what I get, but I don't use what it offers. You don't need it. All you need is the creative Suite version. Standard. Adobe offers a package deal that comes with Lightroom, which is a stand alone program on it's own. I use both. I edit in Lightroom sometimes and finish in Photoshop. But you dont need Lightroom, but I do love it to edit my raw files.

Ok…that makes sense. I'm not sure if just the plain Jane version of CS5 is offered to educators and students. The extended version is the one they priced me. I'm loving CS5….I'm going back and editing some cruise pics from 2005. The FB Glam puts just the right light on faces to really make a good pic.

'I just can't thank you Gals enough for teaching us how to use this great program. You've opened up an entirely new world for us…..!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Lots of info here! I see CS5 in the near future :P

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.