Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges December SGC – Celebrate the Holidays!

This topic contains 147 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

December 1st, and the Holiday Season begins!

[img:width=259&height=194]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1417457643_550_FT0_images_1.jpg[/img]

Along with the beauty and the joy, there can be a lot of stress. I don't want my Swirly Sisters to be stressed, so I am going to accept just about anything in this challenge, as long as it is holiday related. Share with us your cards, the gifts you're making, a poem you love, a special you tube, concerts that you go to…. you get the idea. Whenever you have a spare minute – stop and share a little bit of what's going on in your life, with us!

Every post will get a point, and any posts showing us something you've hand made will get 2 points! Post any pictures of handmade items https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1522997371271661&type=1

My holidays began yesterday in church, when they dimmed the lights, and our very small group of Sunday School children sang One Candle. I can't find the lyrics, but it was about how you light one candle and that candle will light other people's candles. As they sang it, each child tued to the one beside him, and lit his candle. They continued until all their candles were lit. It was very touching and beautiful.

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1417458946_550_FT0_christmas-eve-2010-0481_.jpg[/img]

My wish for you all through out this holiday season, is that you are surrounded by the warmth of countless lit candles!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Linda, How fun!!! I am decorating my mantle today, when I finish I will share a pic of it. Love your story about the candle…beautiful…I wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season!

This is a great idea Linda. It is taking me forever to get all the decorating done….just not into it like I have been in years past. This is the first year my older dd won't be here as she has moved sniff sniff and I find it hard to happily celebrate while my sister is struggling after having lost her husband. But I do love the holidays and love to see what everyone else is doing and making so this will be a good spirit lifter.

That One Candle song sung by the children sounds so sweet, Linda.

I am slowly decorating the kitchen and dining room using lots of my old and beloved Mary Engelbreit decorations. I hope to start making Christmas cards in the next day or so.

I also ate a bunch of fudge today and drank chai latte out of my Santa mug. ohoh

Snagg1
          Send PM

Beautiful 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

What a perfect challenge for this time of the year Linda!!! WTG!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Awesome challenge, Linda!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I finished my Mantle…Would be fun to see how everyone decorates their homes! Jeannie, I also ate fudge while decorating!!!! I have to try that chai latte, never have tasted it!
              [img:width=600&height=397]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1417537321_996_FT253259_xmas_mantle_2014_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

oooo thats pretty 🙂 Pala

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Linda, this is a wonderful idea!!!!

Thanks for coming up with it.

I'll be baking cookies & will post pictures. I'll be making gift tags and will post some of them later in the month.

Barbara, your mantle is beautiful!!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Linda what a great idea for the challenge!

Barbara your mantle looks so pretty!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

What a beautiful mantle Barbara 🙂 I love fudge! Haven't made any in so long. This year my dd Sophia is on a baking kick and has been pinning yummies left and right. She makes struffoli (fried tiny balls of dough drowned in honey) with me, and will help with a lot of the baking, but she seems to be spreading her baking wings a bit. I will post as I go 🙂

Barbara, your mantel is gorgeous and I love your lighted swag.

Paula that struffoli sounds delicious. I'm blessed with two girls who love to bake. The younger one worked at a cupcake shop so got kind of tired of it. The older one moved away but was here Thanksgiving moing (ate dinner at her boyfriend's family's house). While here she made a pumpkin pie and biscuits for us. She didn't have time to make the praline pecan topping so she left me the recipe and I made it and it was soooooooooooo good…like eating two of my favorite pies (pumpkin and pecan)together.

I finished the fudge yesterday…chocolate and caramel/sea salt.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Thanks for the compliments, this weekend we get our tree. then out come the gifts. My youngest Son's fave part, he is 42 now but still like a child…he made sure his stocking went on the mantle. He hangs all of the oaments on the tree, it takes him hours to get them right

I have never had Struffoli, sounds yummy, can't wait to see your posts of your DD's baking Paula.

My fudge is gone too Jeannie! sweets don't last long at our house.

I bought my Xmas flower yesterday. I got a Stephanotis. It is a vine and it is growing around a round hoop of bamboo so it looks like a wreath. It is loaded with blooms, my whole house smells like Hawaii.

Very, very windy and rainy in Cali, kinda scary!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Barbara your mantle looks wonderful!

I need to get busy wrapping gifts. The house is decorated but not a gift has been wrapped. Here is a picture of my mantle and my very favorite decoration. It is a tiny kitchen tree decorated with kitchen utensils. My neighbor in Denver gave it to me and I love it so much. Since I took this photo, I have added tiny white lites to it.

[img:width=600&height=664]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1417654025_312_FT253259_img_7963_copy_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

This is what I've been doing. The Julie Nutting stamps are so much fun! As a child, I loved to play with paperdolls and this reminds me so much of that.

[img:width=600&height=621]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1417654510_312_FT253259_rsz_julie_dollhouse_.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.