Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Did you feel the VA earthquake?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We felt it here in NC. Strange, the house really rocked for seconds. Not something we have in these parts generally. It was a pretty good rattle too. I thought for a second that the washing machine was out of balance and then I remembered I wasn't doing laundry. Although I have felt lots of earthquakes I really didn't realize what it was 'cause the motion was a tad different from the usual.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

Yup. I felt it all the way into central New York. I emailed Crystal (crythomas). She works in DC. She said that they were evacuated and she is working from home.

Crazy stuff…

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Yes, about 20 – 30 seconds of rolling, then 10 more after a pause. My DIL works as a school psychologist in Philly. Her file drawers all flew open; they evacuated all the schools.

So scarey!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Supposedly, Michigan felt the earthquake but I didnt. But my sister and nephew lives in Virginia so I was on panic for a while. My sister said her building shook and my nephew was outside playing on the playground. The little kids didnt notice anything. So my family are at ease now. Thank God.

Snagg1
              Send PM

It was felt this way I was on my way back from a Dr appt with 2 of my girls. Where I work the roof creaks in a funny way when theres a tremor. None of my kids noticed it at home.

I didn't feel it but my husband did at work. We are in RI!!!!

There was also a good-sized earthquake in Colorado early this moing….. anyone heard from Krissy?

Snagg1
                Send PM

Hope all the Swirly Girls their family and friends are all ok after the quakes!

I thought my office building was about to collapse the way the building was shaking. At first I thought it was just a big truck coming into the loading dock but then it got worse and I was holding on to my desk for dear life ready to go under. I so thought the building was going to cave in on me. They immediately started evacuating us from the building so they could inspect it and eventually let us back in to get our stuff and go home. Since everyone was trying to find out if there family in this area was alright the phone lines got jammed and texting didn’t work for a while. Luckily I was finally able to text my husband and see if he was alright

Thanks Lisa V for checking on me and Robin yesterday. That totally scared the crap out of me. I am back at work today was a little worried about coming back here since the email that came out from the company last night said they believed the building was safe

Crystal, how frightening! So glad everyone is O.K.!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Hope everyone is safe!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Oh, Crystal, how scary!!!! The important thing is that you all are safe, but that must have been an awful few moments to have lived through!!!!!

***Maggi, is Irene expected to come inland as far as you? Lisa, Kathi, are you still expecting it?
                    We're predicted for heavy rain and wind on Sunday, but it looks like it's expected to peter out before it gets here.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I've never experienced an earthquake. Sounds totally frightening. Glad everyone's safe!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Peggy if it hits us it will be my side of the state. So far the predictions are for it to stay offshore and head north. We will get wind and rain but no direct hit…fingers crossed
                        [img:width=88&height=97]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1314201957_41_FT115365_finger_crossed.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.