Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Mixed Media Tutorials Distressed Embossed Chipboard Tutorial

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Love this Rae, Looks beautiful…I actually didn't know you could just put embossing powder on wet gesso and not have to use embossing ink…love that…I think I might try it in the card challenge! Thanks…

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Barbara! I hope you try it

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Beautiful Rae! Thanks for the tutorial! I like to distress chipboard, but I also didn't know you could put embossing powder on wet gesso. I can't wait to try it myself.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Awesome video, Rae! I have to try the embossing powder in wet gesso!! So cool!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Thanks, guys! Yes- I use embossing powders all the time on gesso, and gel medium. As long as it has something to stick to, it will work. Of course, it takes longer with the heat gun, but it's worth it.

Great video.
                And I also have to try the embossingpowder on gesso.

Awesome video, Rae! I will definitely give this a try! Thanks!

I watched the video (loved it) and waiting for kit for the colors of mists and powders, have chipboard on table & gesso waiting!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

What a great tutorial Rae, like everyone else I didn't know you could do that with gesso.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

So cool! I love the vintage look-will have to pull out the embossing powders!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Great video, Rae! I'll have to try that this week!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Awesome video and I LOVE how that beautiful chippie came out!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

That chippie is gorgeous & that video is awesome. I love the hint about applying the gesso a bit unevenly; Ms. Anal here never thought of that!!!
                        Thanks, Rae!!!!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Thanks, gals! It's fun, and I'm sure you all will come up with your own variations of it. I love embossing powders, and the Lindy's are my favorite. I wish I had more. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.