Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Divergent Series

This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I love young adult literature. I'm reading the second book in this series. The story is pretty good. I'm trying to finish the series before the movie comes out next week!

Have any of you read these?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I hadn't heard of these, Rae; what are they about?

Reading Doctor Sleep, myself. So far loving it.

Snagg1
          Send PM

My daughter and I Just finished the first Divergent and need to get the second. I liked it and am looking forward to the movie. I also have started Dr. Sleep! I always have a few books going at a time and luckily my DD loves to read too!

I read about 1/3 of the first book and really liked it but I got side tracked with baby stuff and never finished it. Maybe I have time to finish it before baby arrives in 4 wks since I'm pretty much done preparing for him 🙂

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Doctor Sleep is on my list.

Peggy, here is a little bit about Divergent:
            In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been waed it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also leas that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I finished reading the first one a couple of weeks ago – along with a couple of ladies I know. We already have plans to go out for dinner Friday night and go see the movie….have not read further in the series yet.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That's fun, Sherri! I'm going to go on the Monday after it opens. By myself.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thanks, Rae.
                  Sounds interesting, I'll put it on my wish list.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Rae your review sounds so tantalizing I'm gonna request the books at the library. I've never heard of them.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Rae, Gonna put it on my Kindle today! It has been about 5 years since I have used it! My problem is once I start I can't stop and I get nothing done!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Patty, I stole that form amazon!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

You won't be sorry, Barbara. It's light reading, and fun.

Love them…me and the older girls have all read them all

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

You won't be sorry, Barbara. It's light reading, and fun.

I'm charging it up…hope it still works…thanks Rae for inspiring me to read again!

Snagg1
                              Send PM

Patty, I stole that form amazon!

LOL! Well I'm sure you could write it if you wanted to!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.