This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

So I made my own dots today. Now I've done it with my glue gun, but thought I try the bake the bead method. My dd Sophia has a ton of beads from when she was younger and into making bead jewelry, so I dug into them. They weren't the pony beads they were faceted and some were squared, some were smooth. I followed one gals directions, 325 in the toaster oven for 35 minutes. Well for my beads it wasn't quite enough. I pumped it up to 415 and added 20 minutes and voila take a look –

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1421872107_2893_FT0_image_.jpg[/img]

I personally like the translucent over the opaque so I'm glad 99% of the beads are that, and it didn't seem to matter that a few were square, they all melted nicely 🙂

Her kit and there are two more in the closet!

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1421872209_2893_FT0_image_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

That's awesome! I wanna do it too!

Oh yeah, sweet!! I have a buttload of those! Melting party!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wow, those tued out great!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

that's really cool!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

Did a second batch in the toaster oven, on parchment paper by the way, at 415 for 28 minutes and they came great! Had my timer for 30 but they didn't need the whole thing.

Very cool, and fun, too!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

TFS !!!

Cool!

Those look awesome Paula!

Cool =)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow!! That's so cool, Paula!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

omg I have loads of those beads, thanks Paula!!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I have so many of them from my dd, I don't see me running out anytime soon ;)

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Paula, this is fantastic!!!!! What a perfect way to use some of the dust-catching stash!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.