Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Do you love gardening?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi everyone. I was taking some pictures of my garden this weekend and got to wondering if anyone else loves gardening like I do? There's so many of us from different parts of the world, it would be fun to share pictures with each other!

This is a picture of our Saskatoon tree in bloom. For those of you who have never had a Saskatoon berry, they are WONDERFUL. They are similar to a blueberry but have a much different flavour. It's always a challenge to get them picked before the Robins get them. They love them as much as I do.

[img:width=405&height=540]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1337710272_550_FT0_001a.jpg[/img]

Because our winters get so cold, we have to take the top off the cement bird bath so it doesn't crack when it freezes. I just haven't got it back on yet. lol.

This is a Brandywine Flowering Crab that we just planted. The rocks are to keep my beagle from digging it back up!!

[img:width=360&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1337710392_550_FT0_005a.jpg[/img]

Here's a close-up of the blooms. I just fell in love when I saw all that pink! It's borderline hardy for our gardening zone, so I've got my fingers crossed that it will do well here.

[img:width=360&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1337716963_550_FT0_006a.jpg[/img]

We get Spring soooo late here don't we? It has finally arrived in the past week! So pretty Linda!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh I know. By the time we finally get gardening weather I am usually going out of my mind! This has been a wonderful week.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Linda, you have such a beautiful garden, I'm so glad that the weather finally cooperated!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

My sister is the gardener in our family – inherited that from my Dad. They have a tiny yard but it is so gorgeous when all the flowers are in bloom. Our weather here on Vancouver Island just finally became nice about 2 weeks ago so I've been outside trying to get things cleaned up and planted that is normally done by the end of March. This has just been the worst spring weather this year.

No gardening for me – plants come to my house to die. But, I sure can appreciate the skill and talent it takes to create and maintain a garde and I can certainly appreciate the beautiful photos:)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

*laughing* Well, quite often things die on me too (or get chewed up or tromped on by my dogs), but I just move on to something else and keep trying! (I just like the pleasure of being out in the sun and smelling the flowers and listening to the birds. It's therapy for me.)

Love the garden!

Ours is small, we used to have waterfalls, a pond, lovely trees. But, then we had kids. LOL

Hopefully we can get ours up to snuff.

I can take some pics later. Right now we have hollyhocks, snapdragons, lilies, zinnias, malva and daises blooming

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yeah, kids and dogs are definitely hard on yards, but wouldn't be without either of them. !shy I will have to post a pic of our grass. We have two male dogs and they each try to out-do the other in the peeing department, so the grass is absolutely terrible. But I love them and I don't look for perfection in the yard, just beauty in spots. lol.

Can't wait to see your pics. My lilies are just starting to poke their little heads out of the ground!

In every house we have lived in we had a pond except this one. But, we have had a ton of work to do on this place. Livable before pretty!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Such a pretty garden, Linda!! I don't garden but DH does.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

My husband doesn't like to garden, but he IS willing to dig the holes for the trees and mow the grass, so that makes me very happy. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

No gardening for me – plants come to my house to die. But, I sure can appreciate the skill and talent it takes to create and maintain a garde and I can certainly appreciate the beautiful photos:)

Maria, we must share DNA, I can't grow anything successfully, either. Too bad, I do love seeing flowers and plants….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.