Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Do you

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Trash a LO if you don't like it?

I never have done that, I usually can come up with something so that I am ok with it. I would rather create a new LO and just move on from one that doesn't really grab me. However, for the first time in all my scrappy years, I totally tore a LO apart. Mojo went on vacation today I guess. I hated this LO so bad that I couldn't even stand to look at it, decided it had no redeeming value whatsoever so I salvaged what I could from it and got rid of the rest. Then I packed up the kit and put it away and will put it out in a few days. I think I'm just over it as I have been working with it for several days now.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh, yeah! I've done that several times! I've started out with an idea and it just didn't work for me. I'd rather start over than spend time trying to fix a bad LO.

By the way…..love your new Avi!!! You look entirely different!! Have you lost weight or found the fountain of youth??? I want to use your camera to take a new AVI pic for me!!! WTG!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I did it once when I was starting out, saving the embellies. Now, I never glue until I'm absolutely sure that I like it.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Trash a LO if you don't like it?

I never have done that, I usually can come up with something so that I am ok with it. I would rather create a new LO and just move on from one that doesn't really grab me. However, for the first time in all my scrappy years, I totally tore a LO apart. Mojo went on vacation today I guess. I hated this LO so bad that I couldn't even stand to look at it, decided it had no redeeming value whatsoever so I salvaged what I could from it and got rid of the rest. Then I packed up the kit and put it away and will put it out in a few days. I think I'm just over it as I have been working with it for several days now.

I found the fountain of youth, its on Photoshop!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Hey! Photoshop never made me look that good! Way to go, Sisah!!! As that song says….You look Marvelous!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thank you Debbie!!

Thank you Debbie!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZl3gGV4H6c

Did you see this???

I don't think I have ever trashed a LO. I just set it aside for awhile and work on something else, then go back to it later when inspiration hits! I don't glue anything down until I'm really sure I like it.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yep, My trash can has seen a few! I will do what Peggy does, tho…take all the embellies off and just trash the pp. I have leaed to NEVER glue anything down before it's time!!! My screw ups are usually bad cutting or bad stamping, or wrong ripping, things like that. lol!! Most of the time I buy 2 or 3 of the same paper for that very reason. Sometimes I have to let a layout marinate for a while and hope it works for me. Sometimes yes…sometimes no. But I try not to stress over a layout, if it doesn't behave, I move on!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I usually don't glue anything down until I am happy with it either. However in this case I had GMed a page, distressed a page and glued it down. Well anyway, it just sucked so decided to move on!! LOL, yeah I usually let it marinate etc wait for inspiration etc but you know, when its just plain horseass ugly, its time to get over it and do something different!! LOL!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I've pulled apart pages that I don't like. Kind of like sacrificed them for other pages.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

If I'm not sure about the stamping, I use transparency (thanks to Robin), if the misting and masking are wrong, I try to work around it or cover it up with pp layers or embellies. I don't know why I don't just start over, I guess it doesn't occur to me at the time.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I'm like Robin and Peggy…. don't glue down until I'm totally happy…. which includes taking a pic of it, and looking at the pic…. THEN I glue down…

However, I do have a few, from the early days, that I'm not thrilled with…. but would never pull them apart because they show my 'scrappy growth'….. 🙂

Actually, I have pulled the pics off of some really old Creative Memories type los and re-scrapped them. I have only done that for really important pics that I thought deserved a better home.

Yep, My trash can has seen a few! I will do what Peggy does, tho…take all the embellies off and just trash the pp. I have leaed to NEVER glue anything down before it's time!!! My screw ups are usually bad cutting or bad stamping, or wrong ripping, things like that. lol!! Most of the time I buy 2 or 3 of the same paper for that very reason. Sometimes I have to let a layout marinate for a while and hope it works for me. Sometimes yes…sometimes no. But I try not to stress over a layout, if it doesn't behave, I move on!!!

I do this as well. Of course my latest LO has been marinating for 6 weeks now…hehehe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.