Home Forums Kit Talk Suggestions East Coast Swirly Camp????

This topic contains 93 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

OK…..I'm sitting here wishing I was sitting at Swirly Camp with all of my scrappy rock star idols. I know they are having the best time EVER! This got me thinking…..BTW, me thinking isn't always a good thing. LOL :P

I know that we have all joked about another camp and maybe even on the east coast. So, I went searching online. Guess what? I may have found a place! LOL Ssshhh….Krissy has no idea and would KILL ME if she knew, but I figure it can't hurt to dream.

On with my dream…..I live in the Finger Lakes Region of New York state (AKA Wine Country). THE BEST New York wines are from this area. I came a across a company that handles scrapbook retreats and just got off the phone with her LOL! Ya, when I check something out, I really check it out! She actually has a purchase offer on a Scrappy Retreat house of her own!! Her DH is a trained Chef and they do all of the cooking and serving. YUM! Not only that but this place is within walking distance of two wineries AND there are a ton of wine tasting tours going on all the time. She said that she could keep the price in the same ballpark as what everyone paid for this one!

Of course I didn't commit to anything and was very honest with her from the start and explained that we always talk about it and that I wasn't even sure if this could be done but I wanted to see if there was anything available in this area. She said that if we were serious she would look to sometime late September, early October (gorgeous fall leaves) and she would see if we could work it around a long weekend so others don't have to take so much time off from work. Suffice it to say that she was way more than accommodating knowing that I was just on a fishing trip.

Here is a link to her site. Specifically I linked you to the Seneca lake house http://paperangelcraftretreats.com/seneca_lake_house_retreat This is not the house she is trying to buy, but one of the options she has.

Now, knowing that this is a pipe dream AND that Krissy has NO IDEA and has NOT given any blessing on this…….who would be interested?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I would certainly be interested!

And I am still of the mind to host a camp at my house too.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

chitty I am tooo far 🙁

Snagg1
            Send PM

Yes! It would be so much fun! It's within driving distance for me, a long drive, but whatever, would be worth it!

Snagg1
              Send PM

nice avi Tracey!!! How far would it be for you?

How about the west coast. I volunteered a month of so ago to look for a site on the West Coast and Krissy said that she thinks it would be too difficult to do more than one a year. She has so much to bring that it would be a major deal and would like to stay in Colorado. I would love to have one in CA somewhere because I am conceed about the altitude in Co. We will see next year. She told me how many tables they have to bring, etc. and I like the separate scrap room. I think we could find a scrap camp in CA also.

How about a scrap cruise?

Snagg1
                Send PM

How about the west coast. I volunteered a month of so ago to look for a site on the West Coast and Krissy said that she thinks it would be too difficult to do more than one a year. She has so much to bring that it would be a major deal and would like to stay in Colorado. I would love to have one in CA somewhere because I am conceed about the altitude in Co. We will see next year. She told me how many tables they have to bring, etc. and I like the separate scrap room. I think we could find a scrap camp in CA also.

I would consider Colorado the west coast in that it is closer to that side of the country than this side. 🙂 How's that for logic? LOL Besides, this is just a dream….a what if kind of game. If you read my first post I did say that this is just a whim and that Krissy has not authorized anything like this. This is just me dreaming. 🙂

Snagg1
                  Send PM

nice avi Tracey!!! How far would it be for you?

probably 4 hours or so

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I wish! Sounds like a great excuse to visit the East Coast to me! I say we rent a big ol' antique Colonial in New Hampshire for a week, get snowed in and scrap to our hearts' content! But yah, of course I would LOVE to find something in Califoia too!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

HOLY CARP I VOTE FOR THE MACKENZIE CHILDS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

The Mackenzie Childs is very cool. I've only seen it from the outside. The woman I talked to on the phone said that it is Kuh-ray-zeee inside. Fun Fun!!

As far as getting snowed in….been there…done that all winter long. I'd rather go for a nice kayak ride on the lake. 🙂

I'm in the middle of the East and West Coasts…..and just down from Colorado, and I still can't seem to get to camp. There is something definitely wrong with this picture!!!

I guess Lil' Mimi and I will just have to get together and have our own camp! Shoot….that' still 8 or 9 hours from each other on a good day!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

*sigh* It is so sad that we are all so far away. Thank goodness for the inteet. WTH would we do otherwise? LOL Dream….just like I am doing with this thread.

Who knows, I may just see what I can put together for those of us that can and want to. It would just be a bunch of us Swirly girls getting together for a few days. Kind of like what Peggy, Kathy(s) and Meg do.

LOL!

You are a dreamer! ;D I like that.

NY is WAY far from me, like a couple of days driving and forget flying, I am not doing that again anytime soon!

But, I would love to visit NY some day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.