Home Forums Kit Talk Suggestions Education Team Video Suggestions

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hey, gals! If there is something you'd like to see the ET make a video about, let us know. 🙂 We are open to suggestions, always!

I would love some new flowers!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

would love some tut's on Gelatos

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ummm…hmmmmm…

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Yes yes suggestions are always welcome! Kathi we have 4 or 5 vids on gelatos on there, in case you didn't see them sweetie. But i could always break those bad boys out and play some more!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Alright! I think I am going to work on a word document that has a list of all of the tutorials and such so we can all use it as a reference.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Okay. Let me think. 🙂

I just posted a new one in the flower thread over the weekend 🙂

would love some tut's on Gelatos

I'm all over anything Faber-Castell – gelatos, pastel pencils, big stamper brushes etc.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yes yes suggestions are always welcome! Kathi we have 4 or 5 vids on gelatos on there, in case you didn't see them sweetie. But i could always break those bad boys out and play some more!

Thanks Miranda, I must have missed them …off to check them out!!

I would love to see a tut on how to get a rich (vibrant)color on a canvas using either mat medium or gesso. I loved lisa's video but when I went to do it on my own, my colors were soft not vibrant. I then took another canvas I had lying around and experimented using gesso on the top 1/2 and mat medium on the bottom 1/2 then I quarted it with tape and tried tattered angels on one side and shimmerz on the other..
                My experiment failed..all were just soft colors..not the deep vibrant I'm aiming for..so I gave up!
                I'm trying to do a canvas for my bedroom (in Julie Nuttings style. I bought the papers to make my dress but… I need vibrant blues and reds on the background of my canvas to match my bedspread…
                The only thing I could think of was to do a brown background because soft blues and red's are just not going to pop along side the bedspread. :o( ….or to use acrylic paint..but I really wanted to do some stenciling with mist…

I would love to see a tut on how to get a rich (vibrant)color on a canvas using either mat medium or gesso. I loved lisa's video but when I went to do it on my own, my colors were soft not vibrant. I then took another canvas I had lying around and experimented using gesso on the top 1/2 and mat medium on the bottom 1/2 then I quarted it with tape and tried tattered angels on one side and shimmerz on the other..
                My experiment failed..all were just soft colors..not the deep vibrant I'm aiming for..so I gave up!
                I'm trying to do a canvas for my bedroom (in Julie Nuttings style. I bought the papers to make my dress but… I need vibrant blues and reds on the background of my canvas to match my bedspread…
                The only thing I could think of was to do a brown background because soft blues and red's are just not going to pop along side the bedspread. :o( ….or to use acrylic paint..but I really wanted to do some stenciling with mist…

If your want vibrant, bright color sprays/mists you need to try using Diane Reavely Dylusions sprays….they are BRIGHT!!! There are lots of colors to choose from too.

http://rangerink.com/?product=dylusions-ink-sprays

I tried several mists on canvas and got bland results, then I tried gelatos – see the difference it made on my project before and after http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.ca/2012/10/getting-off-page-canvas-purse-helmar.html

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow Vicky, the gelatos really make a difference!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

The Dyan Reveley (sp?) mists are crazy bright, and I was also going to mention Gelatos. I think the Heidi Swap ones are a bit darker too. You could also use reinkers for a darker look too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.