Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Embellished Pages

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I just got my first two kits and I love them!! My question is – when you make such a beautiful page with all of the flowers and other embellishments, how do you put them into a plastic page for your album without them getting all schmused and crushed? Thanks!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Patti gave this tip ages ago: before you start, trim 1/8 off your paper on two sides, making it 11-7/8 x 11-7/8; it makes a huge difference.
      If a page is really thick, I will only load that one page in the protector with a blank piece of cardstock in the back to hide all of the piecework and wires and stuff.
      hth.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Those are great tips, Peggy! Thanks!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Mine are now in piles in my room..Shame shame!!

I'm sad to say that mine are too. Glad to see the hint that Peggy gave us…Thanks, Peggy!

Snagg1
          Send PM

I finally broke down and got a few of those D-ring albums for my PHAT pages LOL. BTW, I mean that both ways :P

The others are still in the plastic 12×12 storage cases I bought at Micheal's.

I love those D Ring albums…they hold my chunky pages just fine!

me too:( This is so wrong considering how much effort is put into these pages. I have to go through and even tighten and fix some of my embellishments on my pages. They really need to be put away correctly!

i just started switching my post albums to the ring way, how Meg showed us with the post!! makes a huge difference!!!
          i am now doing one LO on the right with a description on the left, works really really good!!! ;D ;D

i just started switching my post albums to the ring way, how Meg showed us with the post!! makes a huge difference!!!
          i am now doing one LO on the right with a description on the left, works really really good!!! ;D ;D

Ohhhh Dagnabit – i missed that post. We need Meg to resurrect that post.

I have ben buying those plastic storage cases at Michaels also because they are cheap enough on sale and travel quite nicely. Last few times that I gave pages as gifts, I stuck them in those storage cases, wrapped a nice bow around it and called it a day.

But the fact that I had a bunch of LO's lying abut in bins just stacking up was the reason why everyone in my family who was the focal point of a LO got their LO's at Christmas. I was actually excited to get rid of about 50 pages and thin the herd.

I love me sweet cousins and nieces to death but do not need 50 LO's of them.

BUT I did have to grad on page back from my uncle. He was carrying out a page to his car and I asked what he would do with that one page. In a very indelicate manner , He said he only wanted the photo and was gonna rip the rest of the Sh$$ off the page and toss the junk away. gasp gasp gasp

Oh NO you didn't just say that!!!!! gasp. So I grabbed it from him and told him I'd get him a copy of the photo.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

OH MY!!! Well, that's one of the reasons I haven't given LO's as gifts to some people….. I know they wouldn't appreciate them…..

As for the making postbound albums into ring albums…. go to Stuff….. then Very Cool Idea thread….. I even posted a pic of what it looks like…

Jennifer, I can NOT believe he just said that!

I would have grabbed it back too!

You and me both!!!! The nerve of some people

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.