Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Ever feel "less than"?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I haven't scrapped in a long while (again).

Every time I think about it, I get upset, mad really. Like, why am I even doing this if no one cares? Sometimes, I don't even care! If I am not doing this FOR something, is it worth the time and money to even bother? I am not on any DT, I don't submit anything anywhere, what is the point?

Maybe I am just pissy today or jealous or I don't know, but lately I have felt like just tossing all my stuff and be done with scrapping. I have never felt quite like this before. I mean, I have gone quite a while without doing a page, but that was either missing mojo or time, not due to not caring. 🙁

I want to care again. I feel like today I might scrap, but I am afraid that it will tu out horrible because of my attitude.

Maybe it is my health that is taking it's toll on my emotional state. I am a wreck! UGH! Maybe if I did a page about how much of a wreck I feel it would work itself out…LOL!

Just venting a little. Thanks.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Oh Manda, {{{Hugs}}}. Two of us were talking about this a while back, and how when we were up several times a night with the baby we just felt like giving up and getting rid of everything. I think it just starts to feel like one more thing that we're supposed to do, although the pressure comes from ourselves, and sometimes I don't feel as though I have any extra energy left for anything.

I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to let you know that I've felt that way before, too.

At least I know I am not alone!! Thanks Jackie! Makes me feel like less of a freak!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I'm sorry you feel that way, Manda. I'm sure your health is screwing you up- it's hard to enjoy things when you feel like crap. Please keep scrapping! Your layouts are awesome. Your style is original and inspiring! I think you should make a page about how you are feeling! Hugs to you!!

Manda, I totally understand how you feel. I'm going through the samething right now. I know where my feelings are coming from, I discuss a few months ago in the subscribers forum. I'm trying not to let my situation get the best of me, but sometimes it does. I'm going to fight through it today by going through the tutorials and trying something new. I agree with Rae, make that page about how you are feeling, it may help…

You're not alone, and you're not a freak… We are human….{{{Big HUGZ}}}. I'm here, if you need me….

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure I should post, I am glad I did. 🙂

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Manda, I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how you are.
          Sweetie, we all get into depressions at times and your health issues are absolutely not helping.
          I was in a real funk a year ago and finally it ran its course. I got back in by forcing myself to follow some of the tutorials; no pressure but I opened up that part of my brain again.
          So, I do agree with the Rae and Regina and with you: why not dabble in a technique or two and then wend your way into letting your feelings go on a page or a canvas?
          I do miss seeing your work, you know that I've been a fan of yours for a looooooong time. You're still my misting queen and you still OWN blue!!!!!
          !heart & {{{{MANDA}}}}

🙂 Thanks Peggy. You girls have a way of always making me feel better.

Manda….I've never submitted a LO to anywhere nor am I on a Design Team. I don't even have a blog! A few years back, I felt like you did when I was having trouble with my son. I did a therapeutic LO where I let my feelings all hang out! I look back on that LO now and laugh…but it still makes me feel better. I took my power back on that LO, but I did go through a time when it was hard to feel excited about scrapping. We all love your attitude and spunk….and your work is awesome! Venting is healthy….and we are here to listen and support you. Hang in there, Girlie!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Manda, I can totally relate! No blog, and basically the only real person who ever sees my work is my mom! I have definitely found myself asking this question, especially when it seems that scrapbooking is soooo geared toward family and kids and I am Bridget Jones in the flesh. But then I do realize that my fur babies are just as important to me as any child would be to someone else. And I do have nieces and nephews to scrap, so who cares! At the end of the day, I am blessed to have found a hobby that I can do and that interests me. For a long time I never had a creative outlet and only worked a million hours a week. So, this too will pass. Truthfully, I always find myself in a bit of a funk this time of year. I think it's totally weather related. Hang in there my friend!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Oh girlie…fist bump (explosion noise) Grab yourself an art joual, or make one, and just throw paint at it. Really, just throw it, then smoosh it around with your hands, then add some ink and have at it!

Screw making something pretty, make something that matters to you.

I once took a pic of me and covered it with all sorts of goop and just left one of my eyes peeking out. I added all kinds of crap to that page. I don't show anyone, because it means something that only I will ever understand.

Sometimes I just need to get down and dirty and make art that comes from my dirty little toes, KWIM?

I love your work, but at the end of the day you need to love your work. Get grungy girl and don't leave your scrap space until you have paint on your face.

Love you girl!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Just try to remember the FUN you had while creating…. not the
                end results….

and Yeah, what they said…. LOL….. Big HUGS!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

What all the savages before me said..{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}

I think we've all been there – middle of last year for me. I like the make something about your feelings idea – a MAD/frustrated work of art. It might feel good to not to feel like it has to be pretty work. Good luck!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I was just there this past year. I was in such a funk. I too wanted to throw everything out! I was sick of feeling like I wasn't as good as everyone else, and also of trying to be as good. What''s worse, I was on a DT feeling like this. They were wonderful saying everything was great, but I knew better. Now that my mojo's back I keep telling myself not to apply for any DT's just yet. I want to make sure I am in full swing again. Beside,s it's nice to scrap for me again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.