Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Ever just want to throw your hands up in the air and say WTF?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I am having one of those days ~ 🙁

I am tired and sore from yesterday, even my hands hurt. It was a great day, but when you have 16 9-year old girls you are in charge of it is hardly downtime. %-6 Everyone, except me, managed to sleep in this moing which meant that I couldn't get to my scrappy stuff until late. Then my Mom came over for her weekly visit. Don't get me wrong I love to see my Mom, but I was tired and the last thing I wanted to do was sit and chat. I needed my alone time. This is how I recharge; I go into my scrappy space and try to be alone. My DD has to come in every 5 minutes, but under normal circumstances that isn't an issue.

So, now it is noon and my Mom is leaving and I've done nothing. I had to work on my first video tutorial today and was nervous about all of that and then I couldn't figure out how to get my new webcam to work. After about a half an hour I got it figured out. Sheesh! So, I get to work on my video and it ends up being 23 minutes long. LOL!!!! Youtube only lets you do 15 minutes. So, I tried to edit my video by deleting some frames and speeding others up. Well, I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I split the video into 2. I went to upload them to youtube and they are in the wrong file format. GAH!!!! Now I've managed to convert them to something that I hope Youtube will recognize but it is taking forever to upload. It is now 4:30 and still not much accomplished.

In the middle of all of this my DD keeps coming in to go over her homework and we are trying to get her to write neater (which BTW she can do and chooses not to). What seems like 5 times of her going back and re-writing everything, we finally have something that resembles English. !dodge

My videos still haven't finished loading….I haven't been able to work on a page I've had brewing in my head for days and I have something going on every night after work this week. I need my alone time and I'm not going to get it. 🙁 My hands are really sore LOL! I know that shouldn't seem funny, but I just can't help but laugh. They are swollen and sore. Oh well. :p

I just want to throw my hands up and close my door, but my dryer' buzzer just went off and I need to fold another load of laundry. Ever have a day like that?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

That sounds like my whole weekend! I'm frustrated because I can't get my round robin layout the way I imagined it. So after 8 messed up pieces of paper I decided I'm just gonna fight all these interruptions and get it done. I need some alone time badly!

I am an only child….and I HAVE to have my alone time. If I don't get it, I am impossible to live with!!! My scrapbook room is my haven…and no one better come in when I'm creating! Visits ruin the moment!
        I just can't imagine doing all that you gals do….Everyday my goal is to get something done…sometimes I do….most times I don't! I have the entire week off, so hopefully I can scrap…work in the yard and play with my GDs.

Omgosh Lisa..sounds like youve got your hands full right now.
        Woo-Saa, Woo-Saa..keep repeating to yourself..
        Don't you just wish there were more hours in the day! I feel your frustration..

um… yep!

I keep trying to tell everyone I need it too, but it never gets through to them! I love'em all but sheesh they don't get it at all… I feel your pain sister!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Hugs Lisa, sorry its been such a pissy day for you! And yeah, I can relate, I'm sure we all can in different ways. I am a very private person and I have to have lots of me time or I tu into a nut case!! Dh thinks I'm daft sometimes when he sees me sitting in a chair starring into space. I love to sit and think with nobody to bother me. I live in my head sometimes.

Anyway, hope the week gets better for you!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Wow, Lisa! Hope tomorrow is a much better day for you!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Aw Lisa, sorry you're having such a bad day.

My daughter who is in Australia can certainly relate to you. I can hear her WTF's all the way across the ocean.

She went over for a working summer until she goes back to college in the fall. Her friend, who lives there, assured her there were jobs falling out of the sky! Well, that was a slight exaggeration. Not only are the jobs not falling out of the sky, but she's stuck out on a sheep farm out in the booneys with no means of transportation, no inteet and no way of looking for a job. (I think her friend was just lonely and said anything to get her to come!) The worst part of it is, they are having a mouse infestation and everynight she wakes up to them crawling all over her bed. One night she even found one in her hair. (She has long hair.) The other day she phoned home just sobbing because she can't stand them and she can't sleep at night for worrying about them. She's so afraid of picking up a virus from them too.

It's hard when your kids are so far away and you can't help them. She has decided if she can't get herself to a hostel in Sydney and find work there then she is going to have to come home. It is sad because she has planned this trip for months and was sooooo excited. However, I guess you can only tack it up to a leaing experience. I know she is really going to appreciate Canada when she gets back home!!!

I know her summer has only one way to go and that's up, I hope your week does too!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Those kind of days are never fun. I think I've had an actual nervous breakdown over computer problems. I've cried real tears over excel before, how ridiculous is that?! Then I have to laugh at myself when I realize my poor puppies are staring at me like I'm a lunatic.

I so feel you on your alone time. My weekend has just been so hectic with me not being able to sit down and get anything done. I left the house yesterday at 7:30am and did not get back in the house til about 6pm. Today I slept in missed church and got up to start doing things around the house I didn't get done yesterday and still had errands to run.When my husband went outside we found out the back window of our car had been shattered.

This week is gong to be hell this week as we have payroll and are also going thru a system conversion which on Thursday/Friday moing my labor co-workers will have to call me at 3am to post items after they are finished working all night. I am only looking forward to that I already had Friday off so I will get some rest even though my husband and I are going up to Philadelphia for the weekend.

Take deep breaths and we will get thru this week!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

aww Lisa tomorrow will be better {{{HUGSSS}}}

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Lisa, Linda, Crystal {{{HUGS}}} going out to each of you, along with best wishes that the bad luck is over!!!!!

Take heart! It's almost tomorrow…and things usually look much better in the sunlight.
                  And Linda….I'm so sorry that your dear daughter is going through such tough times. Hope she finds a good job in a decent place SOON!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I am getting seriously depressed…my kit is not here yet and I am losing my mojo over it 🙁 I did not even look at scrappy stuff this weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.