Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Favorite Christmas Song?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

What's your all time favorite Christmas song?

Mine is Last Christmas by Wham! Not your traditional Christmas song…..I just love it! 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I love that song, Ang! My current fave is White Christmas… either by Bing Crosby or The Drifters. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt is a close second, followed by Same Old Lang Syne and your choice.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Santa baby is one of my favorites too.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Ditto with White Christmas, both versions.

And I've always loved Oh Holy Night, such a beautiful melody…

I am a fan of Wham's Last Christmas also. Bon. Jovi does a couple of carols and I love those. I was raised by my grandparents, so anything from the Mitch Miller Christmas album does it for me. Oh, and Brenda Lee's Rockin' Round the Christmas Tree.

I'll have to find Bon Jovi's Christmas music. They are one of my 3 B's, Bruce, Bob (Seger), and Bon Jovi. I haven't heard their Christmas music. I'm off to Amazon…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

My most VERY favorite Christmas song EVER EVER EVER is The Little Drummer Boy.  Sung properly, it can have me blubbering like an idiot in 10 seconds flat. In fact, there is a viral video going around facebook of a group called Pentatonix singing it acapella. It is MIND BLOWING!!!!!  If you haven't seen it, check it out…. oh my… such a gorgeous gorgous rendition of this beautiful song!!!!!!  There they go.. those damn tears!

I'm going to try to embed it here so you can see it here, if not I'll also put the link to it. Trust me when I say it is definitely worth the watch!

http://youtu.be/qJ_MGWio-vc

Another FABULOUS song I've just heard recently (and is OH SO FITTING for me personally) is by Amy Grant, and it's called , I Need A Silent Night.
            I'll post a link to that one too =o)

http://youtu.be/KRSSsNbF29I

Wham's Last Christmas is definitely toward the top of my favorite list =o)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

why can I not embed the video? GRRRRRRR

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh that's easy Have yourself a Merry little Christmas by Karen Carpenter. I could listen to that one all day long!

I believe the song I love most is called Chestnuts song. I don't know for sure. And yes Wham!

Oh my! I love all Christmas music! I start listening to my Christmas CD's on Thanksgiving day and my dgds and I always have to sing the jazzed up version of Santa Claus is coming to town on Thanksgiving. I guess if I have to pick one song, it would be Do You Hear What I Hear I was in a Triple Trio group in high school that sang that song and I have loved it ever since!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I love Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas played solo violin. One of my favorite memories is of my oldest son playing it on Christmas Eve at the candlelight service at our church. The whole congregation was in a circle all around the sanctuary and here is this 13 year old playing solo in the very center. There was hardly a dry eye in the place it was so sweet. One of my all time favorite Christmas memories. Sniff sniff

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I love Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas played solo violin. One of my favorite memories is of my oldest son playing it on Christmas Eve at the candlelight service at our church. The whole congregation was in a circle all around the sanctuary and here is this 13 year old playing solo in the very center. There was hardly a dry eye in the place it was so sweet. One of my all time favorite Christmas memories. Sniff sniff

This gave me goose bumps Patty. !heart

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Oh my! I love all Christmas music! I start listening to my Christmas CD's on Thanksgiving day and my dgds and I always have to sing the jazzed up version of Santa Claus is coming to town on Thanksgiving. I guess if I have to pick one song, it would be Do You Hear What I Hear I was in a Triple Trio group in high school that sang that song and I have loved it ever since!

I love all Christmas music too. I'm waiting on dh to finish with my laptop so I can load mine back on my iPad. I don't have access to my iTunes to reload it. I take it off after the season to save space. I need my music!

I love Oh Holy Night. It's a fav!!! A lot of the songs for me I enjoy if they are done right!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.