Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Feb SGC – Groundhog Day Challenge

This topic contains 103 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hello my lovely swirlies….welcome to the February SGC Groundhog Day Challenge.

Hopefully many of you are familiar with the old Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day. If you are not however the general theme has Bill Murray playing an arrogant and egocentric TV weatherman who, during the hated assignment of covering the annual Groundhog Day event in Punxsutawney, finds himself in a time loop, repeating the same day again and again. Wow, what an opportunity to be able to REDO a few things. And so that is exactly what I am giving you a chance to do or rather REDO.

I am going to leave the interpretation of REDO slightly open, but examples are:
      1. Do you have a layout from your earlier scrapper life that you would like to REDO showcasing what you can do now.
      2. OR did you try a technique awhile back that didn't seem to end well, but now you know you can REDO it so much better.
      3. OR do you have some favorite life event that you would like to REDO and relive in your mind as you scrap yet again that favorite pic.

These are just a few examples, again please feel free to interpret REDO as you wish, just tell us what it is that you have REDOne.

The Rules: you MUST use at least 50% Swirly goodies (Kits, spotlight kits, anything from the store, etc.). Post your LO here and in the gallery by 11:59 p.m. mountain time Feb. 28. Label your layout Feb SGC Challenge-REDO. Please leave comments in the gallery, if you are having gallery issues please let us know.

The Twist: It seems that certain swirly ladies have an aversion to one color or another when scrapping. If you use your dreaded color as the primary color on your layout you will get an extra entry in the random draw for a winner.

So for my example (and I swear I can't believe I am sharing this).
      Way before I discovered Swirlydoos my scrapping reached a point that I was just slapping stuff on a page in a book to have it done. It almost makes me cry to look at how my wonderful trip to Portugal is displayed in my album. So I have taken one of my favorite pictures from that trip to REDO.

And so it went from this

[img:width=500&height=538]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1359772045_40_FT0_belmonte_redo.jpg[/img]
      to this

[img:width=500&height=504]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1359772045_40_FT0_belmonte.jpg[/img]

That's it ladies, have fun and make me proud.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Sherri, what an awesome challenge

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ha Ha!! What a great Challenge!!! So innovative Sherrie. If we redo a LO though…isn't that kinda sacrilege? I mean…we all have a progression in scrapbooking and to jump into the middle of that and pull something out…*gasp*

I just might hafta do that!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gorgeous layout Sherri and great challenge. I can't wait to do this. Think I know what I'm going to redo.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

LOVE IT! And, I love that you shared an earlier layout! 🙂 We all, well, most of us have layouts like those that we can't believe we were actually happy with. I think yours is MUCH better than some of mine! 🙂

Oh wow oh wow oh wow! What a difference in layouts! I love looking back and seeing how far someone has grown in scrapping. What a great challenge!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Sherri, this is perfect!!!!! Thanks for coming up with it and thanks for sharing the shame. I'll be digging out one of mine, if only to show you that boy, you think THIS is bad!
                Seriously, I'm going to love the chance to rework something that was so good in my eyes once if only to show myself how far I've come!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

What a fun challenge, when I look back at my original layouts it's almost scary, lol.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I love this challenge! I know I have some layouts that are candidates for this…boy do I! Can't wait to see all the before and afters!

Cool challenge – I take the photos off if I can and throw them away — Not sure if I have any left to redo……I'll have to check.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Ha Ha!! What a great Challenge!!! So innovative Sherrie. If we redo a LO though…isn't that kinda sacrilege? I mean…we all have a progression in scrapbooking and to jump into the middle of that and pull something out…*gasp*

I just might hafta do that!

Think of it as the new and improved version. LOL

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

LOVE IT! And, I love that you shared an earlier layout! 🙂 We all, well, most of us have layouts like those that we can't believe we were actually happy with. I think yours is MUCH better than some of mine! 🙂

You are sweet to say that, but I can't imagine anything worse than my before. {{shudder}}

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Sounds like a fun challenge, Sherri! I was just telling someone the other day that for the last two weeks or so, I felt like I was living the movie Groundhog Day! So this should be perfect for me! LOL! Actually, I can't wait to get back to my scrappy room. Reworking something might be a great place to start! Thanks!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Well I think you did pretty good to get it on a page at all. I took a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Europe a few years ago and all the pics are still in a box. 🙁

Your re-do is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.