Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges February 2017 Something I Love ❤️ RR *WINNER POSTED*

This topic contains 109 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Gotcha Annie. Any week?

Calling 2 more. Sherri, where are you? I know you have tons of pictures to scrap!!

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

droopidog
      droopidog
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I am going to post what I have so far for teams so the week 1 ladies can get started.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Sherrenae
        Sherrenae
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Lol, I may have a recent pic or two that qualify, do you have an opening on the end of the month?

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Sherri, I can add you for week 4.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Sherrenae
            Sherrenae
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Awesome, thanks. Will see if I remember how to do this. ?

Bec
              Bec
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Sorry I’m late to the party on this one ? I would only be able to do week 2 and it looks like you’re full now

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Bec I can switch weeks with you.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Bec
                  Bec
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thanks Kim ?

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Week 1?????
                      I’m on it.
                      And letting go is HARD 😉

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

February RR-posting early since tomorrow is Super Bowl. So, we had the option to go grungy-I did. Lots of metals, micro beads, glass beads, gesso, Art Alchemy paints, Ferro paste, Smooch, Glimmer Mist, foil, and even some flowers and cheese cloth for good measure. Background was randomly stamped with several Prima stamps for interest. Roger and I celebrating with friends on a summer bike ride.

I love to hoard my metals so I went crazy in the Finnabair style here. Also, love my beads and paints but I busted them out for this one.

StephD
                        StephD
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Wow Jan you’ve gone all out for this RR! I love the brick paper and all your metals and mixed media!

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Oh my goodness, Jan!!! This is totally grungilicious; I love your stenciling and metals and roses and all of your mixed media fun!!!!!

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Well, here is a celebration picture and I’ll admit that I’ve scrapped this photo of my wedding day before, but it just seemed so perfect for this theme.

I dug deep into my paper stash and came up with two sheets from the August 2013 kit and an even older sheet that was part of a RAK that Swirly Mother Robin sent me in 2010.
                              Because I wanted to do some heavy stenciling, I first applied a thin coat of clear gesso to my base paper (Splash of Color #30302 Beautiful). The stencil itself is one of my favorites – Natural Flourish by Layers of Color; I used Ranger Grit Paste as my medium.
                              While that was drying, I cut a doily with the Summer Picnic paper from Prima’s Strawberry Kisses collection using Cheery Lynn’s English Tea Party die. I also selected a few metal pieces and after giving them a coat of gesso, colored them with Prima Metallique paint in Vintage Rose.
                              I cut a few pieces from the second Splash of Color paper (Devotion #30304) and after lightly distressing them, I placed them under the photo, adhering a thin piece of chipboard under each layer to give it dimension.
                              Before adding my embellishments, I decided to add a bit of stamping – just a hint – that would appear under my cluster of blooms and vines; I used my favorite script stamp by Inkadinkadoo.
                              The flowers that I used to embellish my layout are all some of my favorites from Prima that I’ve had for a while. The beautiful chipboard underneath is Flourish 10 by Creative Embellishments, treated with a heavy coat of gesso. This is actually quite a large piece; I cut it in half and placed the vines side by side.
                              To fill in my cluster, I adhered Prima glass beads in Plum here and there around the flowers.
                              The “Celebrate” piece – also covered with gesso – is part of Creative Embellishment’s Celebrate Word Set.
                              I’ve added a sprinkling of Prima Pearls II and some wood heart icons to finish my page.

msjan1
                              msjan1
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Your page is gorgeous, Peggy. Love the colors and that stencil.

Bec
                                Bec
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Jan, I love your cool grungy layout. It’s going to be so fun to lift.

Wow Peggy I LOVE this layout wirh the pretty pinks and soft creams. Perfect embellishing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.