Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges February 2017 Something I Love ❤️ RR *WINNER POSTED*

This topic contains 110 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Kathi
    Kathi
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Pegs!

take time to smell the roses

Merrihew
      Merrihew
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Wow,Jan! This is AWESOME! Love all the grunge! This is a style I have never been able to pull off!

Peggy, Love this gorgeous LO! I love your treatment of the metal pieces and your chippies! Love your wedding photo!

lindapekrul
        lindapekrul
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

My “Something I Love” is my daughter.

null

I love stamping, watercolouring, and making flowers, so those were the things that I added for that part of the challenge.

For mixed media, I watercoloured the rose cluster on the photo, did some painting and stamping on the paper, and added stenciling with crackle paste.

The “celebration” was my middle son’s wedding.

Old stash was the diamond frame die, and the crystal flourishes.

It was a very fun challenge! Thank you Kim!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by lindapekrul lindapekrul.
          lindapekrul
          lindapekrul
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

February RR-posting early since tomorrow is Super Bowl. So, we had the option to go grungy-I did. Lots of metals, micro beads, glass beads, gesso, Art Alchemy paints, Ferro paste, Smooch, Glimmer Mist, foil, and even some flowers and cheese cloth for good measure. Background was randomly stamped with several Prima stamps for interest. Roger and I celebrating with friends on a summer bike ride.

I love to hoard my metals so I went crazy in the Finnabair style here. Also, love my beads and paints but I busted them out for this one.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-457076″ style=”display: none;”>msjan1</span>Quote

You rock the grunge look Jan! Love this! I wasn’t brave enough to do grunge.

lindapekrul
            lindapekrul
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Well, here is a celebration picture and I’ll admit that I’ve scrapped this photo of my wedding day before, but it just seemed so perfect for this theme.

I dug deep into my paper stash and came up with two sheets from the August 2013 kit and an even older sheet that was part of a RAK that Swirly Mother Robin sent me in 2010.
              Because I wanted to do some heavy stenciling, I first applied a thin coat of clear gesso to my base paper (Splash of Color #30302 Beautiful). The stencil itself is one of my favorites – Natural Flourish by Layers of Color; I used Ranger Grit Paste as my medium.
              While that was drying, I cut a doily with the Summer Picnic paper from Prima’s Strawberry Kisses collection using Cheery Lynn’s English Tea Party die. I also selected a few metal pieces and after giving them a coat of gesso, colored them with Prima Metallique paint in Vintage Rose.
              I cut a few pieces from the second Splash of Color paper (Devotion #30304) and after lightly distressing them, I placed them under the photo, adhering a thin piece of chipboard under each layer to give it dimension.
              Before adding my embellishments, I decided to add a bit of stamping – just a hint – that would appear under my cluster of blooms and vines; I used my favorite script stamp by Inkadinkadoo.
              The flowers that I used to embellish my layout are all some of my favorites from Prima that I’ve had for a while. The beautiful chipboard underneath is Flourish 10 by Creative Embellishments, treated with a heavy coat of gesso. This is actually quite a large piece; I cut it in half and placed the vines side by side.
              To fill in my cluster, I adhered Prima glass beads in Plum here and there around the flowers.
              The “Celebrate” piece – also covered with gesso – is part of Creative Embellishment’s Celebrate Word Set.
              I’ve added a sprinkling of Prima Pearls II and some wood heart icons to finish my page.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-457094″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

I can’t rave enough about this Peggy, because it is exquisite from top to bottom! Absolutely PERFECT!

lindapekrul
              lindapekrul
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I have a question for you guys… do you think the white frame on my layout is “too” white? I like things to be more “blendy” and I can’t get used to it popping out like that. Was wondering if I should have used a pink paper for the frame? There’s parts of this layout that I like and parts that I’m not sure about. LOL.

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

My “Something I Love” is my daughter.

null

Your daughter is gorgeous, Linda! and so is your layout!!!! I love the background stenciling and the beautiful hearts and bling. And to answer your question, no, the frame is NOT “too” white; I love how it makes your photo pop out so well.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Hanne
                  Hanne
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Linda, I think your layout is lovely and the frame too.
                    Love the colors and the beautiful photo of your daughter.

And I got to lift this layout.

http://hanneshjorne.blogspot.no/

Merrihew
                    Merrihew
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

This is so beautiful, Linda! I love your watercolored rose cluster and the frame is so pretty! It is perfect!

droopidog
                      droopidog
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Awesome layout ladies.

Jan, I love the grundginess of this. Plus you know i love the metals and the flowers you added for just a touch of softness.

Peggy great masking, love the paper for an amazing photo.

Linda, great photo scrapped and framed so perfectly.

Kim
                        My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

GinnyH
                        GinnyH
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

February RR-posting early since tomorrow is Super Bowl. So, we had the option to go grungy-I did. Lots of metals, micro beads, glass beads, gesso, Art Alchemy paints, Ferro paste, Smooch, Glimmer Mist, foil, and even some flowers and cheese cloth for good measure. Background was randomly stamped with several Prima stamps for interest. Roger and I celebrating with friends on a summer bike ride.

I love to hoard my metals so I went crazy in the Finnabair style here. Also, love my beads and paints but I busted them out for this one.

Wow Jan! What a fabulously grungy page! You’ve rocked this! Wonderful stencilling, mixed media and metals! Cant wait to see what Bec does next!

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-457076″ style=”display: none;”>msjan1</span>Quote

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
                          GinnyH
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Well, here is a celebration picture and I’ll admit that I’ve scrapped this photo of my wedding day before, but it just seemed so perfect for this theme.

I dug deep into my paper stash and came up with two sheets from the August 2013 kit and an even older sheet that was part of a RAK that Swirly Mother Robin sent me in 2010.
                            Because I wanted to do some heavy stenciling, I first applied a thin coat of clear gesso to my base paper (Splash of Color #30302 Beautiful). The stencil itself is one of my favorites – Natural Flourish by Layers of Color; I used Ranger Grit Paste as my medium.
                            While that was drying, I cut a doily with the Summer Picnic paper from Prima’s Strawberry Kisses collection using Cheery Lynn’s English Tea Party die. I also selected a few metal pieces and after giving them a coat of gesso, colored them with Prima Metallique paint in Vintage Rose.
                            I cut a few pieces from the second Splash of Color paper (Devotion #30304) and after lightly distressing them, I placed them under the photo, adhering a thin piece of chipboard under each layer to give it dimension.
                            Before adding my embellishments, I decided to add a bit of stamping – just a hint – that would appear under my cluster of blooms and vines; I used my favorite script stamp by Inkadinkadoo.
                            The flowers that I used to embellish my layout are all some of my favorites from Prima that I’ve had for a while. The beautiful chipboard underneath is Flourish 10 by Creative Embellishments, treated with a heavy coat of gesso. This is actually quite a large piece; I cut it in half and placed the vines side by side.
                            To fill in my cluster, I adhered Prima glass beads in Plum here and there around the flowers.
                            The “Celebrate” piece – also covered with gesso – is part of Creative Embellishment’s Celebrate Word Set.
                            I’ve added a sprinkling of Prima Pearls II and some wood heart icons to finish my page.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-457094″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

Oh Peggy this is so gorgeous! So soft and romantic. Love the flourish texture paste swirl and the gorgeous chippy vines under the equally gorgeous flower cluster.

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
                            GinnyH
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Linda Beautiful! I love your water coloured rose cluster and the heart arrangement with the made flowers. The frame is perfect and the white really makes your photo pop! A gorgeous layout and photo!

ginny 🙂

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Wow Jan, Peggy and Linda your layouts are all gorgeous! Linda I think your frame is perfect the way it is!

Kathi
                                Kathi
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Here is my sneak peek for Team 3 week 2

null

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Kathi Kathi.

take time to smell the roses

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.