Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges February Card Challenge

This topic contains 51 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    lindapekrul
    lindapekrul
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Oh wow! Bec your challenge has produced some beautiful cards! Ginny and Kathy, yours are both stunning!

I made mine today for my daughter. She loves “Pride and Prejudice” so I thought she would love these vintage images from Pion’s “Where the Roses Grow”.

Kathi
      Kathi
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Linda, this is so lovely!

take time to smell the roses

GinnyH
        GinnyH
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I’m loving this challenge!

Kathi – lovely card, pretty colour and love the die cut frame.

Linda – such a pretty card. I love Pride and Prejudice too and these papers are perfect for that!

ginny 🙂

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Kathi – Beautiful die cut layers, beautiful colors, love your pretty flower!!!

Linda – Your card is so pretty; I love your die cuts and that wonderful vintage image!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
            Bec
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Love this card Ginny, the colours are gorgeous and the folding looks amazing

My Valentines stepper card for Bec’s Card Challenge. I used the ‘love/valentines’ theme and used a heart in my design. I used die cuts from the Prima Rossibelle paper “Sweet Souvenirs”, Pebbles gingham paper, pink cardstock and gems from a previous Swirlydoos kit.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-457397″ style=”display: none;”>GinnyH</span>Quote
              Bec
              Bec
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Beautiful card Kathi, I adore the die cuts and this has inspired me for next months card challenge:)

My entry into the challenge.

null

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-457477″ style=”display: none;”>Kathi</span>Quote
                Bec
                Bec
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Linda – oh wow this is pretty, the purple and green are perfect together ❤ love you die cuts too

StephD
                  StephD
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Beautiful card Linda!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I’ve created three cards, all using scraps from this month’s projects and items that I’ve been hoarding for far too long.

For my first card, I cut out a 5×7 piece from paper that was left from the layout that I made for the Round Robin. The heart is actually an experiment gone wrong: I tried to use a thin Spellbinders die on thin chipboard and ended up with an outline pretty much cut out and a sort of embossed inside. I gave it a coating of gesso and then several layers of mist, finishing it off with some distress inking.
                      To finish, I wrapped the stem of my flower with a bit of twine before gluing down and adhered a sentiment to the center of the pattern circle.

The base of the second card is another Round Robin scrap: Devotion from Splash of Color’s Cotswald Manor Collection. I tried the Spellbinders die again, this time with a cereal box and it was thin enough to make a perfect cut. After priming it with gesso, I heat embossed it in several layers to match the lace border that I placed on each side. I finished it all off with a cluster of flowers and two metal keys.

I used scraps from the Delicate kit, along with layers of cardstock and a piece of stripped corrugated packaging to assemble my third entry. A bit a Prima vine, a metal heart and a length of upholstery thread and I called it done.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Peggy Peggy.

Bec
                      Bec
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Peggy these cards are gorgeous!! It’s amazing what can be made from scraps. I love them all

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Thanks! <3
                          And I agree about the scraps; I’ve finally decided to force myself to use them up at the end of the month; I’m so tired of having piles of bits and pieces that I never seem to use.

GinnyH
                          GinnyH
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Fabulous cards Peggy! Glad your using your scraps up! That’s a very pretty heart die.

ginny 🙂

Kathi
                            Kathi
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Peggy, love these cards! I just ordered that Spellbinders die.

take time to smell the roses

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Glad to enable, Kathi <3

StephD
                                StephD
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Peggy you’re rocki’ this challenge, these cards are all beautiful!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.