Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Figuring out my brain

This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

SO, most of you know that I suffer from migraines. I have had one all week. Wednesday I had a crazy aura and tingling in my hand as well as an inability to speak properly. I went in to see the Dr yesterday and he sent me over to have an MRI. Hopefully I will know results soon. Just wanted to let you guys know cause I have been so sporadic with posting this week.

🙂

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh manda, I hope everything will be OK!!!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

OMG! Hugs to you, Manda. I hope they find out what is causing your suffering, and I really hope it's fixable! Stay strong!

Praying for you Manda! Hope they find out what is causing this!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh Manda, that is so scary! Hugs, prayers and positive energy your way. Hang in there. The waiting and not knowing is also hard. Stay strong!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Holy smokes Manda! I will cross everything and hope that the MRI comes out ok.

Lynne has had really bad migraines too. She has had to resort to some serious medical intevention. Hopefully she will see this and chime in.
            (((hugs)))

I'm praying for you Manda.

Oh my gosh Manda…. I'm so so sorry!!! Big hugs to you!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

OMG…Manda!! I suffer from migraines also, but nothing like that. I hope that they can find out what's wrong, fix it and can finally end your suffering!!! ((HUGS))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Manda, {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers!!!!!!
                Please keep us posted as you can…

Thanks everyone. 🙂

i can't imagine the pain you are going through – i hope they find the problem, in the mean time, have you been changing your diet? sometimes it's those wonderful things they put in our food that cause all this pain.
                hope it's better sooner than later!

Yeah, actually, over the past few months I have been eating more natural, less processed foods. I actually lost 4 lbs already! No more cokes (that has been awhile), not as much sugar, chocolate, etc.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Hugs Manda. I have had migraines since I was 12. I currently take a daily medication to prevent them and I have another medication I take when I do get a migraine. I find that excedrine migraine works better than most prescibed meds.

I've had the numbness and vision issues you talk about. I've had every scan possible as well. PM me and we can talk more.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh Manda. There's nothing I hate worse than a headache and migraines are the worst of the worst. I hope they will be able to give you something for the pain and discover what to do to stop them.

My friend suffered from migraines all her life and a year or so ago she stopped taking the birth control pill because she is in menopause now. Once she stopped taking that, she quit having migraines. I don't know if there's any scientific basis to it, I just know that's what happened with her.

Our bodies are so intricate and as much as we know about them, there is so much unknown also. I hope you soon get relief from your pain and your worry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.