Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Florabella – are they really worth it?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you  have them? Are they really worth the money they charge???

I have all of them…I love them!!! Krissy check your email…

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

what is florabella??

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I wondered that too. When I see things you guys create with them I just love them. Oh well…they aren't in the budget right now anyway, but maybe someday.

I wondered that too. When I see things you guys create with them I just love them. Oh well…they aren't in the budget right now anyway, but maybe someday.

I love them to but unfortunately I'm in the same boat as I can't afford them now either 🙁

I know a lot of the girls here love them. And of course everything LisaG touches tus to gold. I bought the luxe collection while ago and so far I have not really used them. I love my Photoblast collection of actions and find I use those actions the most but it's all a matter of taste. I would like to get some Florabella textures. I do like some of them but I have tons of textures most of which I got for free. If I were you I would really take a look at the before and after of the Florabella actions and decide if those are looks you would use. (just my two cents ;)

Lisa – what are your 'photoblast' collection? Can you link me up? I love your photos and would love to know which actions you use.

Thanks Diana! The actions I seem to use the most are the photoblast ones. I think I have them all. My favorites are- Midnight color pro, porcelain and platinum. I have been using the soft edge white a lot too. One action I use on all my layouts is the coffeeshop Little Perk http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/2009/02/coffeeshop-little-perk-pspse-action.html

I always seem to go back to these or combine them with other actions. But again it's a matter of taste.
          http://www.ezactions.com/

If you have any more questions just ask or pm me! ;)

I know a lot of the girls here love them. And of course everything LisaG touches tus to gold. I bought the luxe collection while ago and so far I have not really used them. I love my Photoblast collection of actions and find I use those actions the most but it's all a matter of taste. I would like to get some Florabella textures. I do like some of them but I have tons of textures most of which I got for free. If I were you I would really take a look at the before and after of the Florabella actions and decide if those are looks you would use. (just my two cents ;)

Lisa, I am in total agreement with you. Lisa G creates amazng beauty with them. I just do not seem to use mine – and I have all the sets as well. Spent the gads of $$$$ and I use my Pioneer Woman Actions near everytime I work.

I kindof am irritated at myself that I spent the money on Florabella because they are very expensive. It's just not the look I am trying to achieve I guess or frankly do not know how to use them properly to get the kind of results I like.

LisaG has leaed how to mix them, adjust the opacity and combine them to work magic. I have not leaed that and mine just tu out with purple hazes. I totally do not like my photos hazy.

I guess one needs to think about the look, the results they are trying to achieve to decide if it worth it.

Exactly. I find the luxe actions to have a washed out/ hazy look to them. Those are the only ones I bought so it's not a big deal.

Exactly. I find the luxe actions to have a washed out/ hazy look to them. Those are the only ones I bought so it's not a big deal.

It's funny how people strive for different things and make them work.
          All my photo taking life, my photos were blurry due to crap cameras. Now I have a wonderful camera and I strive for tack sharp photos. Once I lea to achieve that consistantly, perhaps I'll develop a technique that re-introduces the dreamy look.

Many people here achieve simply amazing results – I am so not there yet. I look at them and my jaw drops. I love the images others create with dreamy looks, hazy effects, colored hazes, I cannot seem to make them work for me.

Perhaps it just has much to do with my style also of taking photos – or what little style I am developing at this point since it is very new.

Jen I think a big part of it is style. I think photoshop work and photography are as much about style as scrapbooking is. You develop a style and have looks that you like. You also need the right photos. I just haven't come across a photo of mine that those actions have worked with yet.
          The photos I have seen the actions on that I like are always little girls with tutus on. I guess I will have to get a big fluffy tutu and big a** headband with a flower on it and put it on my daughter just so I can use them!

Jen I think a big part of it is style. I think photoshop work and photography are as much about style as scrapbooking is. You develop a style and have looks that you like. You also need the right photos. I just haven't come across a photo of mine that those actions have worked with yet.
          The photos I have seen the actions on that I like are always little girls with tutus on. I guess I will have to get a big fluffy tutu and big a** headband with a flower on it and put it on my daughter just so I can use them!

You are absolutely right about the style and it being a form of artwork like scrappin. Great analogy.
          As for the frufur get ups, I've got a bunch of those big 'ol spensive tutus and some whoppin headbands and still no go for me.

I rarely use a FB action at full opacity. And I do a lot of adjusting before applying the actions. So yes it is a matter of taste and practice…Thank you for your kind words girlies…I just love working with Photoshop, and have been for years.

Okay so I had to use my Florabella now that we have been talking here. So here is what I came up with! Took these yesterday in the blizzard.

[img:width=500&height=375]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1294921324_38_FT63447_tajlia-face-up-snow.jpg[/img]
          [img:width=500&height=378]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1294921343_38_FT63447_tahlia.jpg[/img]

[img:width=500&height=378]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1294921436_38_FT63447_tahlia-upside-down.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.