Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff For those with kids…

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I just want to know if this happens to anyone else:
      Audra LOVES it when I make layouts with her pictures. In fact, she likes to go through all of the embellies and try to tell me which ones to use! And, she gets jealous when I make layouts that she's not in. I have tried to be equal, and go back and forth, like one of her, then one of Owen, and so on. But, when I have stuff laid out to work on layouts of the boys, she acts funny. Do your kids act like this too?

Well I have only my daughter but she prefers when I'm working on something about her… if she is not on the layout and knows that she isn't going to be she gets a little more demanding and makes it a bit harder to complete my project, lol. She's now starting to try to help me more than before if she requires my attention… she'll look at the page and say… well that is pretty but do you want to know what I would do… If I say sure hunny… she will move EVERYTHING around while I just cringe although the last time she did it to me I liked her design better then what I had going on so I thanked her and keeped going with her design. She was very pleased… lol… so was I!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Well my daughter or son do not start acting funny. They love seeing their pictures especially the baby pictures and guessing who it is. But I get the where is mine question. I honestly admit I do more layouts of my daughter. I'm trying to balance too but it's hard due to certain papers and working from printed pictures already. ( I need to print more- too lazy rt now). What helps me is that I keep a set of pictures on my desk of both of them and they like flipping through them as I work. And I tell them their picture is next.

Snagg1
          Send PM

My 6 kids are jelous of my scrapbooking. But will bring their friends over and show them my work. They invite their friends to look at my scrapbook room and they call it the store. I do try to take tus with the layouts. Each Child Has a book that were my mom's photos of them unfortunately it still makes them sad because she is not with us anymore. 4 of my girls will scrapbook with me from time to time. I do have my stash and stuff they can use.

i haven't scrapped around my little guy het, i'm sure i'm in for some complainin' when that time comes!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Yes! My Autism layout was spurred by Austin being jealous of all the layouts I was making of my neice. Make the next one about me! So, i did. My daughter has her own handme down scrapstash and makes her own LOs as well, although she keep making scrapbooks and giving them away-just like me.. 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Well, I think that is wonderful, Tracey. I wish Owen cared! Audra has TONS of scrap supplies too, but she is all up in my business about what I am doing!

Funny – my kids couldn't care less. They like the work I do and oooh and ahhh when it's done but they don't care who it is of. Or if they do, they don't say anything to me.

My son, who is an only child, was jealous of the younger cousins that came along after him. Yep, he was that way and not subtle about it, either!j He was my first and only, first grandchild, first great-grandchild…He's 24 now and I think he's finally outgrown it. I
              think…

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I WISH my boys would care….. however they both like helping me 'distreez' my edges….. but you know…. boys and power tools…… hehehehheee…..

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

All my children are adults and really couldn't care less. I wish my daughter had some interest …but no!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

My (grownup) sons are polite. My DIL really wants to see. Her mother is my most enthusiastic fan; she makes cards and can appreciate the time, effort and creativity. Oh, and she has one of my LOs hanging in her living room.

Rae, has Audra gotten worse since Elijah was bo? I'm wondering if maybe she sees your scrapping her as giving her special attention that does not involve her brothers.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

My kids love my scrapbook pages!! They don't care who the page is of.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

My girls like my pages IF (in their opinion) I take the right picture.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Paulien, do they ever special request a LO with a certain photo?

Does anyone get those kinds of requests???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.