Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Get to know GABRIELLE POLLACCO Q&A

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We are so happy to announce that our guest designer for the month of July is the uber talented

Gabrielle Pollacco

/?

Click here to visit Gabi's beautiful scrappy blog

or

Click here to see her sb.c gallery – this is a real treat!

Please feel free to use this thread to ask questions, and get to know our very talented friend. We will have a live chat with Gabrielle in the month of July and will post that information as soon as the date and time are nailed down.

Awesome!!! ;D

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Yay!

Welcome to Swirlydoos, Gabrielle! Love you creations!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Hi everyone!

It's me, Gabi, and I'm so happy to be this month's Guest Designer! I SOOOO enjoyed working with this months kit as I'm sure all of you have been as well!

Feel free to ask me any questions you like! To start things off I thought I would share a little step by step I made up to show how I made the little heart embellishments that I made out of the 'air-dry' clay. Love that you don't have to bake it!!
          Step1-1.jpg
          First I added a little bit of color to my clay with a drop of food coloring. Careful to add just a drop at a time, it goes a long way!
          Step2-1.jpg
          Knead the clay for a few seconds until well blended.
          Step3-1.jpg
          Roll out the clay to about 1/8th inch thickness and cut with a heartshaped cookie cutter.
          Step4-1.jpg
          Use a knife to etch in the diamond patte design being careful not to cut too deep.
          Step5-1.jpg
          Now roll out two strips of plain white clay and wind them together to create the rope design.
          Step6-1.jpg
          Now just attache to the border of the heart design…I find that if the clay is used immediately it has enough stickiness to cling to the other piece….if not, use a dab of adhesive.
          photo7.jpg
          Here is a pic of the finished embellishments (the lily blooms are made from the air dry clay as well! 🙂

ohhhhhhhhh… so That is how you did those gorgeous heart!!! Awesome hon. Thanks for sharing and… YAH….. so glad you are guest designing for us this month!!!!!

Thanks so much for showing us how to make these gorgeous hearts, Gabi!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

So excited to have you as a guest designer Gabrielle! Love, love, love, your work. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make the heart, it is just beautiful.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! I thought I would show the heart design since Paulien sweetly sent me a PM asking me about them 🙂

Sorry about the super large post above….I'm trying to figure out how to remove it (my edit button is hidden behind the right side of the site edge and I can't get at it!….I am soooo not a techie girls LOL! Poor Lisa has had her hands full with me! 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Ahhh! she fixed it! Lisa, you're awesome, thanks! xx

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Hey Gabi, Glad you are here to share your talent with us, I am a huge fan of yours….. How did you make the twisted trees in the lo in the blog hop?

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks Debbie 🙂 …the tree was really easy/peasy! I just used like 3 strands of the clay and rolled them out in varying lengths and twisted the bottom parts together, leaving the branches straggling. The clay hardens as it sits (air drying) ….so I then started working on my layout and once I had the photo placement down, I layed the tree beside it and manouvered the branches to hang over the photo (the clay was still plyable at this point) I then added some lines to look like bark, using the tip of a knife…..then let the whole thing dry out. I added the leaves once the tree was dry, it's easier to add these details once the tree design has hardened up. You can also add more branches at this point.

I didn't tint the clay brown for this one, instead I just watered down some brown acrylic craft paint and applied it with a brush, this way it runs into the crevises and makes the detailing show up more. You can always rub off some of the paint with a damp towel if you applied to much paint.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I would love to see a tut on the lily blooms as well.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

welcome Gabi, thanks for the wonderful tutorial !!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Welcome Gabrielle. Love your work. Awesome tutorial.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.