Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Get to Know Natasha! Q&A

This topic contains 62 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi girlies! You've seen the gorgeous work she has done with our kits.

Do you have any questions for her? How does she do something?

You can ask away, right here! Natasha will be checking the thread and will answer back.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Natasha, as you know – I love your gorgeous lacing designs and have copied you before. My question is. On your more intricate lacing, how do you determine how long to cut your ribbon/lacing? By the way – so glad to see you as a guest designer – you are one of my favorite artists.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Hi Natasha!! I love your use of eyelets. Do you have a special template to know the correct spacing?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Hi chickies!! I am so happy to be here! Thanks for your sweet words. ;D

Joy- To be honest, I just guess on the amount of tulle or ribbon. If I'm working on a layout and I run out of ribbon, I can always add more and you can't even tell. If I'm lacing a box, though, I tend to cut extra long pieces so that the other side doesn't look ugly with the extra ribbon. Once you do it often enough, you can pretty much tell how much you need. xoxo

Angelica- I use the Threading Water punch because it has the perfect spacing. If I am adding an edge or border of eyelets, I punch directly onto the paper I am using. However, if I want to add eyelets somewhere in the center of a layout, I use a pre-punched guide, that I made from cardstock and the Threading Water punch, to determine the spaces. Sometimes I just 'eyeball it too' LOL. Hope this helps! xoxo

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thank you so much for your tip Natasha!! I really love the idea of making a template with that punch!! U ROCK!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I use that punch for lacing too! Although I hardly ever do it! Natasha, yours is fantastic!

Do you know that you are going to use ribbon on a lo and where you are going to put it before you start? Do you use sketches?

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks! 🙂

I use sketches if I am designing for a sketch site, obviously LOL. But in general, I just get an idea in my head and run with it! I like to add my 'signature elements' (as I have heard them being called LOL) to my projects such as lacing, eyelets, stitching, peek-a-boo edges etc, so I always find a place for it. When I first started scrapping, I did not like sketches because I thought they were limiting, but I was wrong! Some of my favorite layouts are from sketches. It just depends on how you interpret them. For example, in this month's Swirlydoos sketch I replaced the circle with lacing. 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Natasha,

You are also one of my favorite artists and you answered my question regarding the tool. But for lacing the circle what tool or guide did you use? Also, What is your favorite material to lace with?

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks sweetie! For the circle I used a circle template. I think the one I used is made by Bazzill. I'm not sure. But you can use any circle template that has various size circles.

As for my fave material? It depends on the project. I LOVE hemp cord for more earthy, masculine projects and boy layouts too! For shabby layouts and a softer feel, I like tulle. I also like thin satin ribbon whenever I feel it goes with my layout. 🙂 xoxo

Just wanted to say, I'm a big fan, and it's all your fault that i'm now stitiching on everything lately, including cards! I'm getting much faster at it too!
                    thanks for all your inspiration! ;D

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

LOL!!! Stitch away girlie!!! It's therapeutic, isn't it? I love it, but it takes FOREVER!!! LOL! Thank you. 🙂

I think that is why I never to it. I get frustrated that it takes so long!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Hi Natasha, I am so glad you are here at Swirlydoos. I am also a fan and love your work. What is the hardest part of completeing your LO? For me it is sometimes the title. Is there one element that gives you a hard time? I also love to see stiching but have not tried it yet.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Hmmmmm…. that's a good question. The hardest part? Well, the process I use to create my layouts is usually backwards compared to most scrappers. I actually start with an idea and papers and then choose a photo(s) towards the end. The title usually comes to me once I see the photos I want to use. I think the hardest part is probably the photo selection for me because I am running out of photos to scrap! I haven't taken photos of my kiddies in such a long time! What a bad mama I am! LOL. Sometimes I also find it difficult to put on paper what I have planned out in my mind. Some things don't translate well onto paper. I love dimension and sometimes I have crazy ideas!! Thanks for asking. 🙂 xoxo

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Hi Natasha, i find your work soninspirational and have been combing your blog. I love your organizational tips. What types of page protectors do you use and where did you get your desk?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.