Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Getting healthy

This topic contains 692 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 694 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ladies I noticed that a few of us have decided that we are going to start new health habits this year. So far its working for some and for some they could use some swirly support.

How about we use this thread to post our support and talk about our daily high and lows. Lets keep the encouragement going to help our sisters reach whatever goals they are trying to achieve.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I'll start so far this week i have logged all my WW points and worked out every day when i got home from work. I must admit, I'm doing better than I thought.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I am on day 4 of not smoking. Lord knows I need encouragement!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

hang in there Barbara, I'm working on year 23

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Cool! I'm starting my getting fit plan on Monday, when we get back into a routine with everyone getting back to school/work. Besides, Owen's birthday is today, and there is a chocolate turtle cake with cream cheese frosting that I am eating, and not going to feel guilty about.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

You can do it, Barbara. Are you using any patches or gum?

You can do it Barbara! Just remember it gets easier each day you go :o)..eat lots and lots of hard candy :o)

I am trying to gain weight..it's kinda down to a I must do this or else! The last doctor's appt. the doc said you look as if you've lost a lot more and I'm like no…I am still at 90 lbs..so she has me weighed..83 lbs..now I'm sorry my scale still says 90…but it did scare me into forcing myself to eat!!! I am now drinking Caation breakfast every day and making myself eat a bowl of cereal at lest! Though..it doesn't seem to be helping I haven't gained a friggin pound

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

No patches. Cold turkey. Of course after this I will really need WW!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

You can do it Barbara! Just remember it gets easier each day you go :o)..eat lots and lots of hard candy :o)

I am trying to gain weight..it's kinda down to a I must do this or else! The last doctor's appt. the doc said you look as if you've lost a lot more and I'm like no…I am still at 90 lbs..so she has me weighed..83 lbs..now I'm sorry my scale still says 90…but it did scare me into forcing myself to eat!!! I am now drinking Caation breakfast every day and making myself eat a bowl of cereal at lest! Though..it doesn't seem to be helping I haven't gained a friggin pound

I had a period where I just lost, but now I am at that age where it's hard to lose. Good luck!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Barb, I'm being noisey are there health issues that are causing this weight loss???

Good for you ladies. I actually went to school for a year thinking I wanted to be a nutritionist (and changed my mind). We had to analyze all the different plans available at the time. Weight Watchers came in as the best as long as you don't use all your daily points towards junk. Here is a great link explaining WHY certain foods are the worst for loosing weight – especially that belly fat that accumulates as we age (since our estrogen levels drop). Hope this helps! http://ezinearticles.com/?10-Worst-Foods-for-Belly-Fat&id=5226788

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

[quote]

[/quote]

Well, get some gum just in case you have an urge or a really stressful day. 🙂

Sounds like my mom, she is 2 inches taller than I am with the same bone structure and can't keep anything on her bones. Glad to hear you're eating. She has no appetite in the moing and after her coffee well… game over. I can't tell her what to do but it scares me how little she eats. Granted she has Lupus and has always had a fast metabolism. I don't think she's ever been over 100lbs in her life.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

[quote]
                          [quote]

[/quote]

Well, get some gum just in case you have an urge or a really stressful day. 🙂
                          [/quote]
                          What helped me for some reason was water. Anytime I felt the urge, I drank water, still do. Anyway, I'm rooting for you!!!!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I am on day 4 of not smoking. Lord knows I need encouragement!

Hang in there Barbara, and good on you for going cold turkey! On Jan 30th it will be 1 year for my dh and I since we quit smoking and I'm still amazed at how well the patch worked. Up here in BC, Canada (not sure about the other provinces) the govement has started this program for people who want to quit smoking. They have a central phone number you call (811 here in Canada) all you have to do is give them your BC medical card number and they will give you a 12 week program of either the patch, the nicotine gum or Champix pills. My dh and I both did the patch and it really worked. I had my doubts as we were both heavy smokers but I think we were both ready to do it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 694 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.