Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Gilted Pleasure (Sept) Tech Kit Challenge ~CLOSED~ Winners on last post!

This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Did you get the tech kit add on this month? if you did, this challenge is for YOU!

This month, the tech kit features Mod Melts by Modge. Watch the videos that Andie and I made so you can lea the tips and tricks for getting these little guys to come out perfectly, make them and color them in some way, slap them on a project, and post it here and in the Gilted Pleasure Gallery by Midnight October 5th!

Here's what Andie did with them:
      kit57Andie3.jpg

Here's what I did with them:
      (It's the BEE!)
      kit57Rae2.jpg

The videos are on the home page. Now, show us what you got!

Oh for Pete's sake…I could never do that da it….LOVE them both…gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Can't wait to try them out this weekend! Love these layouts ladies!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Gorgeous projects, awesome inspiration!!!!!

Can't wait to break mine out and start playing!!!

What a beautiful examples – my kids are off to school so I think I'm going to get going again and this is something I always wanted to do – homemade embellishments…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Beautiful projects, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Snagg1
              Send PM

What a beautiful examples – my kids are off to school so I think I'm going to get going again and this is something I always wanted to do – homemade embellishments…

Yay Agnes! How's your ankle?

Patty, I'm almost able to run. My limping is hardly noticeable. I was playing around with layouts but haven't posted any yet. Six straight weeks of guests will do it to you. I needed to keep my scrap space tidy…

I have to try and get messy – a bit like Andie (maybe more like that). Rae, how did you achieve the look for your Bee? It works so well with the papers in the kit. I think that the bee is my fav from all the molds.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh Agnes I totally agree!!! The bee is adorable. I used the bee in the upper cluster on top of the flowers too. LOVE THE BEE!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Agnes, I used black gesso, then used the Inka Gold. Just like we did at camp with the Prima resin pieces.

The bee is my favorite, which is kind of dumb- I hate actual bees.

oh wow! love the bee and gorgeous blues in the canvas! Off to check out the video…

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I visiting with scrappy friends a few weeks ago and one of the ladies bought cigar boxes to share.
                    This month's kit AND challenge were perfect for this project.
                    I covered the sides with a sheet of paper from the Main Kit and used a few sheets of collage paper that came with the Embellishment Kit for the top and the insides. The bare surfaces were painted with Inka Gold.
                    I selected a few of the resin pieces that I made with the Project Kit. I painted the flowers with Timmy Distress Paint in Victorian Velvet. The other pieces were covered with black gesso. When everything was dry, I went over all the pieces with Inka Gold.
                    Meanwhile, I used more of the black gesso to cover one of the wood frames that came in the Main Kit and dried it with my heat tool. I then poured on some Elmer's Glue and applied the heat gun until the surface was dry and the glue had bubbled. I poked the bubbles, applied one more coat of black gesso and dried it one more time. I let it set and cool for a while and then I highlighted it with (you guessed it) Inka Gold. (I saw this technique quite a while ago and I wish I could remember exactly where; I'd like to give due credit.)
                    I filled the frame with a piece of the packaging from the Prima Bellas that came in the Main Kit.
                    I used the last flower that was in that package, as well as one from the Flower Add-On.
                    I also applied a bit of Inka Gold to the Finn metal trinket and the Petaloo butterfly.

[img:width=496&height=584]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379958610_36_FT219236_20130923_altered_cigar_box.jpg[/img]

[img:width=592&height=444]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379958635_36_FT219236_20130923_altered_cigar_box_closeup.jpg[/img]

[img:width=591&height=372]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379958662_36_FT219236_20130923_altered_cigar_box_front.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Peggy I love how the frame, key and side pieces tued out, awesome job on this project!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

O, Peggy that is lovely!!

Fabulous looking box, Peggy! LOVE how that frame tued out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.