This topic contains 105 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

042-1.jpg

This is a really fun technique that can be applied to anything. It may sound intimidating but it is ridiculously simple! I do use a Melting Pot for this technique. If you use your coupon from Micheal's you can pick one up for a really good price.

You're probably wondering if you can get this same look without the Pot. You can get pretty close, but in my opinion, it's no where near as easy. Ready? Here we go!

GlassFlowerSupplyList-1.jpg
      Supplies
      Melting Pot
      Clear UTEE
      Flowers – I used Spellbinders Dies from Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Collection
      Tweezers
      Stylus
      Distress Ink or Mist
      Jewels or Pearls for your flower centers

GlassFlowers1-1.jpg
      Step One

**tu your melting pot on. There is a temp setting for UTEE. Go to this temp, and then back it off just a little. I find that UTEE starts to yellow if it gets too hot and I have had UTEE tu yellow using the UTEE setting. Pour in a decent amount of UTEE and let it melt. Now start working on making your flowers.

Cut your flowers. I used three different sizes from dies. Using your ink or mist, color your flower sections.

GlassFlower2-1.jpg
      Step Two

Using your stylus, curl your petals.

I don't have pictures of the next few steps because I couldn't take the picture and dip the flowers at the same time. Oh, for the days of my point and shoot. LOL

Once the UTEE has melted, take your flower sections one at a time and dip them into the melted UTEE. Once you have covered the entire section, pull it our with your tweezers and let some of the UTEE drip off. You are going to have to work quickly for this next step. Set your flower on your craft mat. As the UTEE hardens, it won't take long, you will have a few moments where you can reshape your flower petals if you want to . Be careful not to bu yourself.

036-1.jpg

After your sections have hardened you will begin to put it together. You may find that as you fit your flower pieces together that you will need to use pop dots because they don't fit perfectly together. You may also decide to squish your flower together. Your petals won't break, but you will hear a slight crackling noise. This is just the UTEE cracking on your project. You won't see it on your finished flower unless you decide to enhance the cracks with mists or inks. This is called the Broken Glass Technique, but that is for another day. LOL After you have glued your pieces together, add your jewels or pearls for your flower center and you're done!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

those rock! thanks 🙂

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I have had a melting pot for a few months now, and still have not taken it out of it packaging! I am so excited to try these!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Lisa!!! And it never occurred to me to do this with THE leave image, fabulous tut!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I may have to go get a melty thingy!! lol!!!! These are jsut tooo pretty!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I may have to go get a melty thingy!! lol!!!! These are jsut tooo pretty!

You have to Robin!!! I have been dipping all kinds of things. It is more than affordable with a 40% coupon from Micheal's.

Oh thank you Lisa, will make these as soon as I get a 40/50% for Michaels for the melting pot!

Linda

I hve 2 of them. 1 for wax and 1 for utee. Lisa is right- more than affordable with the michaels coupon

Oh the possibilities…stained glass DA is in my future.

Beautiful! oh my goodness those leaves are to die for! What is that bottle of stuff on the right side of the picture? I've never seen that before?..am I missing out on something? lol…
              oh lord..I hear the cha ching going!

I am finally going to get my pot out!!! And Lisa, Emma Lou and Linda (HFC owners would be so proud that you used their products,) I am going to link this tute to them, if you dont mind!!! I love it!!! TFS!!!!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Oh the possibilities…stained glass DA is in my future.

Joyce, I have played around with DA. It is gorgeous. If you want to do the stained glass I find that it is easier to lay the DA flat and pour the UTEE into the open spaces. Finding something to keep the UTEE from running is a bit of a trick, BUT…it can be done. I'm still working on it. I thought I had it at one point and then the UTEE broke. Grr LOL

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Beautiful! oh my goodness those leaves are to die for! What is that bottle of stuff on the right side of the picture? I've never seen that before?..am I missing out on something? lol…
                  oh lord..I hear the cha ching going!

Do you mean the Moon Shadow Mist? Oh, ya…cha-ching! Check with Krissy to see if she has any in the store. It is iridescent and gorgeous!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I am finally going to get my pot out!!! And Lisa, Emma Lou and Linda (HFC owners would be so proud that you used their products,) I am going to link this tute to them, if you dont mind!!! I love it!!! TFS!!!!

That would be great! Thanks~

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Awesome tut Lisa!! Thanks for sharing!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.