Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Great vacation hair tip

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I pack light while on vacation but still bring my flat iron (no other tools like hair dryer, curlers etc.). It's a pain to do my whole head especially in humidity and when I'm in and out of the water all day. I've got a great tip (Pinterest)… if your hair is dry and you want some quick style before going out for dinner, then braid in 4-6 braids and run your flat iron over the braids, set with a bit of hairspray and take apart the braids (just gently run fingers through). OR at night, braid your hair in a 4-6 braids and sleep in them if hair is wet and you have instant beach waves the next moing when you take them apart (again just gently run fingers through). Here is a pic from Pinterest (not of me, LOL). Worked on my daughter, now to try on me 🙂

[img:width=480&height=449]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1373992184_1015_FT0_screen_shot_2013-07-16_at_10.17.48_am.png[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ooooooo…sexy!! I WISH that was my hair!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I am trying to get my hair like this by Christmas… just 3-4 inches to go! Now… I need Nicole Scherzinger's face and body to match, LMAO.

[img:width=488&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1373996811_1015_FT213963_nicole-scherzinger-long-wavy-custom-full-lace-human-hair-wig-1.jpg[/img]

My hair is really long now, almost to my butt, and I am trying to get along with it, maybe I should braid it at night just to keep it out of my face!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I am trying to get my hair like this by Christmas… just 3-4 inches to go! Now… I need Nicole Scherzinger's face and body to match, LMAO.

[img:width=488&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1373996811_1015_FT213963_nicole-scherzinger-long-wavy-custom-full-lace-human-hair-wig-1.jpg[/img]

I'd settle for just her body or hell just her legs!

me too Kim, hee, hee!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What a beautiful girl! I wish my hair was that long to do that but my hair is actually pretty wavy if I don't blow dry it and just let it dry naturally. After I lost it all from chemo it came back in quite curly but the longer it gets it gets more wavy than curly.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Great tip Vicky!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

My hair is pretty long and I'm totally going to try the braid tip!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Where do you start the braids from?

Where do you start the braids from?

As high as possible (that's easier to do in the front though). Looks great on my DD kinda looks something like this on her…

[img:width=600&height=707]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374077414_1015_FT213963_surferbeachywavesbecomegorgeouscom.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

[quote]

I'd settle for just her body or hell just her legs!
                  [/quote]
                  I'm greedy. I'm trying to get ME like this by Christmas ;D

Vicky, back on topic, that's a great idea!!!! Thanks.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I am full of fat and self loathing lately…and these pics don't help. Hopefully I can get my motivation back so I can lose some weight.

I am full of fat and self loathing lately…and these pics don't help. Hopefully I can get my motivation back so I can lose some weight.

Stop that… life is too short. Hair and make-up do wonders 🙂

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I've tried to do this hairstyle with braids before, and I didn't have any luck- I only have a flat iron from Conair though. I need a real one like a CHI that has real heat. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.