Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop greyness in photoshop layers

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

hey you photoshop pros!

Heres something I am running into often. The coloring of my print is odd – a ton of grey due to something I am doing in the vignette stage i think.
    or when i run a Florabella action I also get a ton of grey when I change the opacity. why would that be and how do you prevent this?

For example, I have some photos that I shot with a cream background. The little girls are wearing pink pettiskirts. When I use a vignette or bu a vignette from the flroabella Quick Edge bu and lower the opacity, I get a ton of grey in the pink pettiskirt and skin looks grey etc.

Irritating me and hindering my progress.

Do you run your action first, flatten, then do your bu or vignette?

No I run my action, bu using the florabella quick edge bu, then flatten. I also find that anything I use a florabella action that is not B&W, I get the graying. Obviously it is user error but no clue.

I've never run into that problem…but I'm having problems adding a frame to a pic in CS5…..so I used trusty ole PSE 8. It worked just fine!

Sorry Jen…wish I could help ya!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I always flatten my image before running the vignette over it. Not sure what's going on.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I dont know what any any of you are talking about but i hope to soon 🙂 hehe sounds like a vinegrette salad dressing 🙂 hehe

If you are getting a grey cast, the vignette is probably spreading that far into the photo. I dont like the vignette in my FB Extra actions set for that reason, but I do like the vignette in my Luxe set. Which set is the quick edge bu from?

I have a bu from pioneer woman (free). You could try that if all else fails.

Try running your action and flattening your image first before doing something else to it and see if it makes a difference. I always flatten before I do something else. I have had problems if I run one action on another without flattening. That could just be me and lack of knowledge but it works for me right now.

When you run your action and all your layers are open, what layer is selected when you run your bu? Or do you open a new layer and run the bu on that?

The only other thing I can think of is to play with each layer when it's open and adjust to see which one is making it gray!?

Lisa's…….the quick bu I am using is from FB extra actions. Good to know that you have the same problem Lisa G, and doo not use it. And Lisa N, I also use the vignette from PW and I love it but wanted some more drama.

I decided to use the vignette overlay from FB instead. The really nice one next to the white linen overlay. I can control it better and be sure of the results until i figure out what the heck is going on.

In Jan I start an advanced photoshop class with an uber face master. If is not cancelled. The course is expensive and it's been cancelled on me already this past semester. If you think about it, there are not a ton of people who really care about making tons of edits in PS. Basics do for most – so this class is a touch and go.

Thanks a bunch for your time in answering. Love you tons.

Jennifer….I am sooo uber jealous! Classes on Photoshop, lots of LSS, and SNOW for goodness sake! And you even have a really cute hubby!!! I don't want to hear you complain about a little gray on a picture for Pete's sake!!! {{{mumble, mumble…as I stalk off in the coer to pout!!}}}

I'll keep you company Debbie….hehe

Jennifer….I am sooo uber jealous! Classes on Photoshop, lots of LSS, and SNOW for goodness sake! And you even have a really cute hubby!!! I don't want to hear you complain about a little gray on a picture for Pete's sake!!! {{{mumble, mumble…as I stalk off in the coer to pout!!}}}

OK – no more grey. I realized I was sending photos to the printer at a 10 setting. I resaved the jpegs at 6 and 7 quality setting and no more grey.
        So I have nothing left to complain about cept my jeans don't fit due to the numerous holiday cookies I've been eating.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.