Home Forums Scrap Chat Swaps Handmade flower swap

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok girlies….here's the low-down. Anyone who wants to participate can…if for some reason there are alot of signups, I may divide you all into groups 🙂

*I will close signups for this swap on November 20th so we have time to make the right amt of blooms*

Swap Info:

– you are to create 4 blooms/flowers per person. These blooms can be created with any medium, patteed paper, cardstock, etc. (please be sure they are fastened or glued well so they don't come apart 🙂 )

-once all your blooms have been created, package them (CAREFULLY) and send them to me. See shipping tips below.

– make sure you include a note with your address INSIDE the package to be sure I have the proper name and addy to send your blooms to 🙂

-all blooms should be in my hands no later than DEC 10. I will then have them all in the mail by Dec 13th…in hopes they get to you before Christmas!

-you don't have to worry about sending an extra envelope or postage or $$ for shipping. This first swap is on me!! 🙂

-if you sign up your name will be listed here in this thread…if I miss someone, let me know. If for some reason you sign up and find you cannot make the deadline, PLEASE be sure to let me know ASAP so that I can either find a replacement or make up the difference. Please don't just flake out, things happen….but I'm sure there won't be any problems with the swirly goodness here ;D

*SHIPPING TIPS*

I'm unsure for any ladies that are outside the US, so maybe one of you can offer tips on shipping.

When packaging, especially if you added dust or glitter…attach your flowers to a piece of cardstock to secure them and/or use ziplock bags.

For those of you in the US, for something bulky like flowers, I've found it much easier to use a flat rate box that can be obtained at your local post office. I do believe the box is free of charge, you just pay a flat rate to ship. You may also use a bubble wrap envelope as well, although I have found them to be more expensive.

I think that's everything…if you have any questions feel free to ask!!

SWAP LIST

• PaperFairytales-Mellisa

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh if I was good enough at those I'd do it!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Mellisa, stupid question #1: You said 4 flowers per person. Does that mean that each participant makes exactly 4 flowers or would that be 4 flowers per participant (e.g. If there are 12 participants, that would be 44 flowers)?
        Okay, I know it's a stupid one, but when you get to be my age the brain has started to leak or something…..

***Thanks so much for not only suggesting this, but for taking the trouble to host it, too.)

Peggy, I think that's a great question.

Snagg1
          Send PM

I was wondering the same thing Peggy.

Good question…I am guessing that you would make 4 (there is a crumb stuck under my number 4 key…what is up with that..lol)…flowers for each person that signed up. Which could be a big ole bouquet of flowers! I am doing the Christmas card …I need to find out how many of those too…lol. This sounds like fun…Melisa….I will check back and let you know if I am in….because I have not made many flowers…but am willing.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

yes Heather is right. You make 4 blooms for each person…if thats too many per person for you gals we can change it 🙂

so if 10 people signed up you would be making 40 blooms

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I am interested, but I can't commit to much until after the holidays. 🙁 (

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh, I would love to do this, but Peggy's right, I can't do much till after the holidays as well.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Sorry…. I already commited to the card swap….. but if you do this again in January, I'd love to do it…..

Same here on the timing. 🙂

Pretty much the same deal goes for me as far as timing. I will definitely be on board for January.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

well ladies we can always change the due date 🙂 Instead of November, I can change it to January

Would that work better for everyone?

Thats to many flowers for me to make…sorry…Maybe if we had smaller groups I would join in.

Yes, a smaller group would be fun. Maybe we can be divided up into little groups and share that way. I'd love to get some new pretties, but 40 is a lot of little blooms to construct for me. I'm old and slow!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.