July 3, 2010 at 12:48 pm #600
* 5 cup(s) cake flour (not self-rising), plus more for surface
* 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
* 12 ounce(s) (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
* 1 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
* 4 large egg yolks
* 1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream, plus more for brushing
* 3/4 cup(s) raspberry jam
* 3/4 cup(s) blueberry jam
* 2 tablespoon(s) sanding sugar
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Cream butter and granulated sugar, with a mixer on medium speed, until pale and fluffy. Beat in yolks and vanilla until well combined. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alteating with cream and beating well after each addition. Shape dough into 4 disks, wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or up to 3 days).
2. On floured parchment, roll 1 disk of dough into a 1/8-inch-thick rectangle. Repeat with remaining disks. Stack sheets of dough and parchment, and refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Spread raspberry jam on 1 sheet of dough, blueberry jam on another. Top each with a plain sheet of dough. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut out cookies using a 2 1/2-inch star-shaped cutter, and space 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush with cream, and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
5. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool completely. If desired, bake dough scraps.
[img:width=400&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1278161336_55_FT0_red-white-blue-star-cookies-mslo0610-xl.jpg[/img]July 3, 2010 at 1:12 pm #10079July 3, 2010 at 1:22 pm #10080July 3, 2010 at 1:45 pm #10081July 3, 2010 at 3:16 pm #10082
When you make them the night before, they are so much yummier the next day as the jam softens the cookie…July 3, 2010 at 3:49 pm #10083July 3, 2010 at 4:20 pm #10084
Thanks Lisa! I was just surfing the inteet this moing trying to come up with a patriotic dessert for our BBQ tomorrow! I don't need to search anymore!!!July 3, 2010 at 5:02 pm #10085
These look yummy! You know what's funny, is I don't have a sifter. I need to get one of those.
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."July 3, 2010 at 11:53 pm #10086July 4, 2010 at 12:38 am #10087July 4, 2010 at 1:44 am #10088
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.