Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Happy Veteran's Day….

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Wish my sweet Daddy were here to tell him that I appreciate what he did for our country and give him a big hug and kiss….

Thank a Vet today….They've given a lot….

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Yes, and a very special thanks to our Swirly Sister Leslie, her daughter and especially to her son Kevin for the sacrifice that they have given to our country.
      http://lesliekamm.blogspot.com/

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Yes, and a very special thanks to our Swirly Sister Leslie, her daughter and especially to her son Kevin for the sacrifice that they have given to our country.

So true. Thinking of you and Kevin today, Leslie. !heart

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wish my dad was here too 🙂 and god bless all the veterans and thier families 🙂

A very special thanks to Kevin and his sweet family. Hope you are doing well….

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I am SO glad that you posted that link….I live in Enon Valley which isn't all that far from Chicora (approx an hour?).
            Each year, I send cards(about 50) to a Veteran's Hospital that's about an hour from here. I'm always thankful for anyone's service – previous or current and my heart goes out to their families

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

My DH is a vet. So the kids and me and treating him extra special today 🙂

Many thanks to Kevin and family for serving our country!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

In Canada, we call it Remembrance Day.
              My gf, the one who lost her son last December 30th, was asked to lay a wreath at the ceremony in Vancouver, on behalf of the parents of fallen soldiers. Her ex-husband was also asked to lay a wreath, but in Ottawa. I have no idea how, out of all the parents who lost their child/ren, both of them wer chosen, but this is how it worked out this year.
              I was so proud of her as she walked up to the cenetaph, and laid it carefully (I watched the ceremony on TV). It made my heart swell, and tears fall, knowing the strength it has taken her to get from that day to today.
              She was looking forward to this day, as was her whole family.
              I thank those in service, those who have given their lives for us to have the life that we have.
              We are in Afganistan as peacekeepers, and we are still loosing men and women, and its just so heartbreaking.

And thank you Leslie, your family and your son Kevin, you know the sacrifice all too well.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

In Canada, we call it Remembrance Day.
                My gf, the one who lost her son last December 30th, was asked to lay a wreath at the ceremony in Vancouver, on behalf of the parents of fallen soldiers. Her ex-husband was also asked to lay a wreath, but in Ottawa. I have no idea how, out of all the parents who lost their child/ren, both of them wer chosen, but this is how it worked out this year.
                I was so proud of her as she walked up to the cenetaph, and laid it carefully (I watched the ceremony on TV). It made my heart swell, and tears fall, knowing the strength it has taken her to get from that day to today.
                She was looking forward to this day, as was her whole family.
                I thank those in service, those who have given their lives for us to have the life that we have.
                We are in Afganistan as peacekeepers, and we are still loosing men and women, and its just so heartbreaking.

And thank you Leslie, your family and your son Kevin, you know the sacrifice all too well.

awwww that is heartbreaking yes….just reading it made me bawl

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I love the saying….

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave!!!

The dh and I have really tried to explain to our boys about the sacrifices these brave men and woman have made, so we can live our lives in peace.

Thank you to all who have served….. and all who love them!!!

Thank you Leslie, Kevin and his sister….you all should so proud!!

My father was a vet WWll, my first husband served in Viet Nam and present DH served in Korea, my son served in the army. So i say a apecial thank to all our service men and women for placeing yourselves in danger to protect our freedom!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart to all!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh my! Thanks everyone! Kevin is doing so fantastic since the plate was put back into his head. If he could only fluently talk…I wonder if he'd be normal…

Thanks to all other military personnel – past and present! I don't know how these folks do it!

Shell – your story made me cry too. Although we have lived a horrendous 2 1/2 years so far – at least I have my son to hold onto and I can't imagine the alteative. Your friend is so brave and please tell her I said so.

I just wish all the troops could come home…

Sorry I missed this on the actual day but THANK YOU TO ALL THAT SERVE!!! I cannot imagine having to live a life without freedom. My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones or are having to live with the aftermath.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.