Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Hard To Say Goodbye…

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

My Dear Swirly Girls…

Girls, I just wanted to let you in on a personal decision I have had to make. Believe me, this was a tough one. I feel like I am losing a part of my family with you guys. I hope you understand.

It is with a heavy heart, and after much thought, that I have decided to step down as a designer for Swirlydoos. As you know I have become a full time guardian for my father in law and caring for him has become a full time job. I cannot promise or guarantee that I would not fall short once again on my commitments here, and rather than fail Swirlydoos, fail you, or fail my father in law, I will bow out gracefully. I will fulfill my commitment for the month of December, and end the year with Swirlydoos. As for camp, I can not commit to go, for fear that because of my responsibilities to my family, I may not be able to make it. Instead of losing everything, I have chosen not to go. Someone will be happy to get that open spot if one remains!! I will surely miss you guys.

I hope that you are never put in the position I have been put in. I have not been feeling well lately, and I fear that the stress of everything has finally taken it's toll. Today is the first day that I didn't stay in bed since last Thursday. I thank God for my husband and kids who have all pulled together to help make my Father in laws life worth living for whatever time he has left. Steve and I have cut our hours at work to part time, Gabbie has moved back home to help us, and Nick changed to 12 hour days at work to be at my house more often. Between the 4 of us, we have my father in law covered 24/7. So I must also lighten my load. I also have to be there for my sister at this time. If my brother in law doesn't make it, she will surely fall apart…I cant even imagine. I want the chance to say goodbye if he doesn't make it. We are praying for a Christmas miracle. Family is EVERYTHING to me.

It is also amazing how you all have become like a family to me. You get to know the good, the bad, the ugly (lol), I laugh with you, cry with you, support you, and above all cherish the moments that I shared with you
    You Camp girls, well, you are in a league of your own!!! What fun!! It was an honor to have sat beside you all to create. I will miss you guys the most!!!! You all hold a special place in my heart.

So this really isn't goodbye, I will just be walking through the back door, wondering, maybe one day, I can walk through the front door again!! I have some very exciting ventures in 2013 lined up, so you will see me out there!!! I wont disappear, because after all, this hobby is my therapy. I will NOT be leaving Swirlydoos to join another kit club. Repeat NOT… Swirlydoos will always be my one and only true love when it comes to kit clubs. And besides, lets face it, who else compares!!??
    I will keep in touch. I am sure our paths will cross again, and again, and again…After all, this wonderful thing called scrapbooking is all part of a great big worldwide family!!
    Swirlydoos just happens to be the Elite family. And I am honored to have created for Krissy as she is the ultimate business woman who always made me feel like family, and honored to have worked along side all of you. I have forged friendships that I know will last a very long time. Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers once again. And I hope you understand. My time here in Swirlyville has really mean a lot. I will never forget it.
    I hope that everyone and their families have a wonderful holiday season. I personally have a lot to be grateful for. Be safe, and love on everyone that is dear to you…Life is oh so precious.

Big Hugs,
    Lisa

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh Lisa I know how hard this must be for you but as you say family is everything. I know I haven't known you that long but feel like I have. You have been very supportive and I have leaed so much from you! I know that we will see you here and there in this crazy scrappy world and I will be very happy when I do. Take care of yourself and your family and I will pray for you for that Christmas Miracle!
      Lots of Love & Hugs
      Stephanie

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Lisa, I am very saddened to read this, but I completely understand. I wish and pray that your family finds peace. I wished I lived next door so I could help you guys. It really takes a special breed to do what you guys are doing, Family is everything. Wishing you guys comfort and peace. Remember to breath and take one day at a time. Take care of yourself. Big hugs to all of you!!!! Thank you so much for being my swirly sister / friend it has been a honor. With everything that is going on with you guys I hope you have a Merry CHRISTmas…..

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Lisa, I am so sad to hear this…you know you are my Fave…I am always so flattered to get a comment from you…you are my girl…I just can't believe it…you are Swirlydoos to me…Barbara

Lisa, you have always my friendship and love. I hope that your family gets through this difficult time and you find peace and balance.

🙂

So sorry to hear this, Lisa! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Snagg1
            Send PM

You are an amazing woman and so glad you are getting some help. You are a Swirly Goddess and I am sure you will always be one. I will be saying a prayer for you and your family.

Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry that things are so tough for you and your family right now. I will continue to pray for you and will, of course, miss seeing your wonderful DT work. Please stay in touch with us.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Lisa , I have known you for 4 years through Sdoo's and camp; you are a loving, caring and sharing person. My heart breaks when I think of what you and your family are going through. We will miss you and your talent and encouragement; we will miss you at camp. What you are doing now is pricless God will give you strength..
              You know we are here for you ; please let us help you.
              All my love love
              Kathi

Your swirly sisters will ALWAYS be here for you when you need them. Take care of your precious family – making memories is more important than scrapping them. Take good care of yourself and please drop us a line when you can to update on how things are going (or just to vent, chat, whatever!).

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Lisa, so sorry your family is going through this. Praying for a Christmas miracle for you. You are in my thoughts.

Lisa I am so saddened to hear this but totally understand. Just in this cyber family I have got to know you and have come to hope maybe one day to meet you in person. You have helped me lea a lot and was always there to answer a question. I know our paths will be crossing. I am honored to know you and pray that your family has some good news soon. Hugs, Lisa

Lisa, I'm so sad to hear this! My heart has been crying, for you and your family, having to go through this horrible time. I'll be saying lots of prayers for you and your family, for a miracle to happen. Big HUGS!!!!!

This was sad reading, Lisa, but at the same time I think you have made the best decision for you and your family. They are and will always be the most precious we have and it's important to take care of each other.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I am so sorry what has been placed on your family but so thankful you have your hubby and kids to share the load. You will be in my prayers and I will always look forward to seeing you where i do. Please take the time to care for yourself, and if you need anything we can provide do not hesitate to let us know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.