Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Have You Ever…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Back in the early 80’s, Sue Grafton started publishing her Alphabet Mysteries and for some reason or other, I never tried one. Well, a short while ago, the first of the series was offered for Kindle at a reduced price. I hit the “buy” button and once again, totally neglected it. A couple of days ago, I needed something to read and this came up at the top of my list on Goodreads. I started it and couldn’t put it down; finished it in two days.

Have you ever tried something that you passed over when it was first out and then became hooked?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

On another (non-book) note: I finally finished House of Cards. I’m thinking of Game of Thrones – I’ve never seen it. Also on my list is Twin Peaks. I watched (and loved) the original from way back when, but it got stupid and I fell out of love. Has anyone seen it lately? Does it live up to the hype?

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have. I have done it with several shows. One being Sons of Anarchy, omg so good. There are others, but i’m having a senior brain at the moment. I have lots of stuff in my Netflix list that I am playing catch up on.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sons of Anarchy? Okay, I’d forgotten all about that. (I worked nights for so long that I missed a lot of good shows.) I’ll seek it out and put it on my watchlist. Thanks for the suggestion, Kim!

Kimberly
            Kimberly
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I picked up a couple of her alphabet books in the bin on sale, but I never read them. I am always downloading books on my Kindle, or buying books, and always reading the new one. I need to go back and read those books before I buy more. I don’t watch a lot of TV. I just don’t have time.

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

LOL, Kimberly, I think we all do that.
                Funny, when I was a SAHM, I got just about all of my books from the library, and pretty much took out as much as I knew I would read. Once in a while, I’d buy something “to keep”: books that I wanted to read again and again.
                When I went back to work and had less time, I stopped going to the library and hit the bookstore every now and then. And then came Amazon, and that’s when my eyes seemed to have become bigger than my stomach. And E-Books make it worse, don’t they? Well, I’m on the “B” book and then I just had to download the latest John LeCarré. I’m busy scrapping now, but once I finish Grafton, I know that I’ll dig into that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.