Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Heat Gun Recommendations?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I am so bummed. My heat gun that has lasted for 6-7 years finally gave up the ghost last night. I am in the market for a new one today. The one I had was a ColorRiser by EK Success and it was small and quiet and had two settings. sniff…. Anyway–I'm leaning toward the Ranger one but if anyone has any other ideas I'd be happy to hear. Thanks!

Ranger's heat gun is good. It is typically quieter than my original one, although the one I have will get noisy, then quiet down, then get noisy again…. and I haven't figured out why. I still have my purple Marvy one from 15+ years ago and it runs fine; a little hotter than the Ranger one maybe, but nothing I can't work with. I only bought the Ranger one because I was under the impression it was supposed to be quiet.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Today, Blitsy has the Ranger heat tool on sale! I like the Ranger one, but it doesn't get as hot as other ones. That's a good thing for me because now I can stop setting things on fire.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have the Ranger one and a Stampn' Up one. If I'm heat setting or just drying something I use the Ranger. If I'm heat embossing I use the Stampn' Up one it gets hotter.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have a purple sparkly one…don't know who it's by and I'm at work. It's loud and hot and very forceful so u have to be careful when embossing but I've had it so long I'm great at using it. Can't say I've ever set something on…fire…Rae? *raises her eyebrows*

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

My vote is for the ranger one.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Ok…mines Marvy apparently.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I don't have one but everyone I know swears by the Ranger one. I know, I know… but I I'm not a mist/goop/embossing person so not much need for the heat tool.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I love my Ranger.
                  Actually, I had (maybe) a Marvy and at Camp 2, Kathi let me borrow her Ranger and I fell in love. A little while after that, a total Angel sent me one as a RAK and I've swo by it ever since.
                  If memory serves, Kim accidentally ran over her old one in the driveway right after coming home from Camp and just had to replace it with the Ranger.

Seriously, it's not as hot as the others and it diffuses the air, rather than blowing it out in a blast, which is why it's more quiet. But it covers a somewhat larger surface and it doesn't blow things all over the room.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Thanks very much! I could not find a Ranger one anywhere yesterday so I'm heading over to Blitsy.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Patty, were you able to get there in time?

Snagg1
                        Send PM

No unfortunately not. I'll have to find one online somewhere.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I love my Ranger.
                          Actually, I had (maybe) a Marvy and at Camp 2, Kathi let me borrow her Ranger and I fell in love. A little while after that, a total Angel sent me one as a RAK and I've swo by it ever since.
                          If memory serves, Kim accidentally ran over her old one in the driveway right after coming home from Camp and just had to replace it with the Ranger.

Seriously, it's not as hot as the others and it diffuses the air, rather than blowing it out in a blast, which is why it's more quiet. But it covers a somewhat larger surface and it doesn't blow things all over the room.

OMG, you remember that. LOL!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

There was a lot of discussion at camp about how to innocently get rid of the offending heat gun…he he

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I seem to remember considering washing mine or something, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.