Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Heidi's Challenge #3 "TOTALLY DIFFERENT"

This topic contains 144 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Are you READY for another challenge?!

This month we are thinking WAY OUTSIDE the box 🙂 )

Using ANY kit you have from Swirlydoos, create a project that it totally new, totally different, and OFF THE PAGE. I want you to create an altered art project that is not a scrapbook layout AND not a card. Mini albums will be accepted, but I do encourage you to go even further outside of your comfort zone – be brave, be creative, be TOTALLY brilliant.

Some ideas to get you started, make a pendant for a necklace, alter a wooden plaque for hanging, a door knob hangar, a bracelet, an art joual, a frame, etc. Push yourself to do something TOTALLY different with those incredible kits that Krissy puts out every month! I love using my leftover flowers and such, making rings, earrings, etc.

I will post a couple example pictures from this months kit, in just a few days… gotta wait until the big reveal. **wink, wink** But for now, I will leave you will an example that I made for PRIMA using some embellishments and flowers that I coated in metallic paints and glued to a mirror.

Again, this time there will be TWO prizes up for grabs!!

To be eligible for the first prize, simply create an outside the box project using pieces from any Swirlydoos kit. Please share your project here and please tell me which month's kit you are using.

To be eligible for the second prize, you simply need to use JANUARY OR FEBRUARY's KITS, and please make sure to tell me that you have done so when you upload your project here.

Challenge End Date 3/01 (Mixed Media sometimes takes time, so have fun, don't rush!)

Once the challenged is closed I will pick random winners. The winner will receive a RAKs from me! You can enter as many times as you'd like. I hope you will play along!!

Here is my example:
      [img:width=600&height=1243]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1358458206_970_FT0_image.jpg[/img]

WOWZA!!! That is some project!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I was at Michaels this moing, and I saw something that would be perfect for this challenge. Hmm. I may need to go back and get it.

I saw this on the Prima blog and I was totally speechless. When I look at your project now…. I'm totally Speechless!
        beyond STUNNING Heidi!!!!!! I love it, and I love this challenge!

Wow that is gorgeous Heidi!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Gorgeous… I love this when I saw it on the prima blog

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Wow Heidi, this is gorgeous!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Loved this on the blog. Already got my project. it's been back buer for a year…and it's comin' out gals!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Heidi you are so talented….gorgeous project

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Can't wait to see it, Andie!

Seriously, I am going back to Michaels tomorrow moing to get my alterable. I have been daydreaming about it ALL day. Heidi's challenge was a sign to go ahead and get it. 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Rae…my interest is seriously piqued here. Kinda wonderin' exactly what it is you saw *eyebrows raise*

PS don't forget to use the coupons on the app. Usually they are like 40-50% off

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Yes, I have that app! 🙂 It's going to be a surprise!

Ohh this sounds like so much fun… ;D

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Wow Heidi! Looking forward to seeing what you all do. I may play along in the wings

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Heidi, I am speechless. That is, well, I'm at a loss for words, awesome, fantastic, they just don't come close….

Fantastic challenge, I'm going to have to do a bit of thinking here….. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.