This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hello, my name is Jackie and I am a newbie to the swirly group. I started scrapbooking about 15 years ago, but took about a year hiatus after my divorce, but am back full force! I was not able to have children but I have an 11 year old niece and a new great nephew that I love to scrap about! I also love to travel and get to do a lot of it with my job, so I have started scrapping about that as well. I have a pretty stressful job (I have 50 women that report to me…lol) so scrapping is a real release for me. I sometimes joke that I am a scrap collector because I can't seem to get enough of all the blingy goodies and I seem to spend as much time collecting as actually getting layouts finished! I really like to focus on the memories behind the pictures so joualing is an important piece of my layouts. I have to be honest, you all do such beautiful layouts I think I will be doing a lot of scrap lifting from you! I am excited to be a part of your group-you seem like a fantastic group of women! I have received one monthly kit so far and can't wait to start playing with all my goodies, but they are so pretty I have found myself just looking at them, afraid to dig in! I live in Texas, but am originally from Wisconsin, which is where all of my family is located. I guess that about covers it…lol!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

A scrap collector, eh??????? Oh, Jackie, have your ever come to the right place!!!!!!!!!!!
      And a big welcome to Swirlydoos, you know already that the kits are awesome and so are the Savages, full of new and inspiring ideas and a little bit of silliness!!! Oh, and we take pride in our enabling abilities where we are second to none!!!!
      I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the Gallery…
      In the meantime, stick around, join in the Forums, try out a Challenge or two, and let us all get to know you!!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Welcome Jackie!!! I'm with Peggy on the scrap collecting….you have soooooo come to the right place. We call ourselves whoarders! (Yes, I spelled that right….swirly-style) LOL I like Scrap collector better. ;D

We love nothing more than to have swirly sisters lift our work!! Check out the round robin challenge; it's all about lifting.

Welcome to our crazy world! Looking forward to having you around.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Welcome jackie to our crazy little world called Swirlyville

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Nice to meet you, Jackie! As the other ladies have said, you'll fit right in here. Scrappifting's a great way to go – I'm always surprised how someone else's work can give you inspiration and by the time your LO's done it's morphed into something else entirely.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Hello Jackie!! Welcome to the family!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Welcome Jackie

Yee-Haw, another Texas Swirly Sista! Where in Texas are you Jackie? I'm in El Paso and Debbie is in Abiline.
                Welcome to our lil family, you will definitely love it here!

Yee-Haw, another Texas Swirly Sista! Where in Texas are you Jackie? I'm in El Paso and Debbie is in Abiline.

A big Texas welcome, Jackie!!! You just heard from Lil' Mimi….I'm Big Mimi! Actually I live in San Angelo…not too far from Abilene. We are so glad to have another Texas Gal in Swirlyville! I think we are all scrap collectors. I don't think I've used up but one or two kits in almost 2-1/2 years! I might need something down the line and can't part with it right now. Glad you are here!

[quote]

A big Texas welcome, Jackie!!! You just heard from Lil' Mimi….I'm Big Mimi! Actually I live in San Angelo…not too far from Abilene. We are so glad to have another Texas Gal in Swirlyville! I think we are all scrap collectors. I don't think I've used up but one or two kits in almost 2-1/2 years! I might need something down the line and can't part with it right now. Glad you are here!
                [/quote]

LMAO..sorry Big Mimi, Abiline/San Angelo..how'd I get those mixed up! lol

[quote]
                [quote]

[/quote]

LMAO..sorry Big Mimi, Abiline/San Angelo..how'd I get those mixed up! lol
                [/quote]

It's OK, Lil Mimi…..No one has ever heard of San Angelo. We're 90 miles south of Abilene. They have a big M store there that I used to visit before I had to fill up the Beast twice to make one round trip! LOL!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Welcome aboard Jackie!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Welcome Jackie!

Hello Jackie,
                    Welcome to Swirlydoos!!!!!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Welcome I'm in Waco. Only a Texan wouldthink Abileme and San Angelo were not that far from each other, LOL
                      Been to that awesome Michaels, baby boy Is at McMUrry in Abilene. Jackie – this is a wonderful place to be. Welcome again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.