This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

HI swirlygals! I was here back in April-May but have been MIA since. Dh and I spent the summer in the wilds of Alaska and had a grand time! We were at Denali National Park campground hosting for 6 weeks and just loved every minute of it!! We didn't have a phone, electricity or inteet connection! Yep, we were truely in the middle of nowhere as they say! I have a gazillion pictures to post and it will be a challenge to make the swirlykits work with my bear pictures, LOL! However, I also have just embarked on a massive project to make 2 SBs for Christmas, one for each of my 2 brothers, of our parents and growing up years. At this time I have exactly ONE page completed! Wish me luck…

Glad to be back here in the Swirlyworld, now I wonder if my avatar will post…did I do it right???

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Glad to have you back!!!
        Can't wait to see your pics!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

wow!!! Alaska!! Lucky dog!!! That is my DREAM vaca!! Had plans for a 2 wk cruise, 1 wk on the boat and 1 wk inland, a couple years ago. But I fell and broke my shoulder and couldn't go! Just never had the opportunity to plan it out since! But I still have hopes of going there! Can't wait to see the pics!!! So good to have you back!!! 🙂

welcome back Maggie!! can't wait to see your pics

Hi Maggie!! Wow..Alaska for the entire summer…shhhhhhh don't tell my fiance how you did that. Can't wait to see your pics..I love nature pics!!
          GL with scrapping the two albums by Christmas..thats a challenge in itself!

Hey, Maggie! Welcome back! What an awesome summer!

Welcome back!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks for the warm welcome back!! Oops, meant to say that I have a gazillion pictures to scrap. Lots of photos posted on my travel blog if you want to see. . http://alaskaroadtrip-maggi.blogspot.com/ Lots of bear pictures and other wildlife. Attached is one of my faves of a little guy wrestling with a spawning salmon.
            [img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1283348160_312_FT30982_cub-fish_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

welcome back Maggie!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Maggie, welcome back!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome pics!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

wow!!! Alaska!! Lucky dog!!! That is my DREAM vaca!! Had plans for a 2 wk cruise, 1 wk on the boat and 1 wk inland, a couple years ago. But I fell and broke my shoulder and couldn't go! Just never had the opportunity to plan it out since! But I still have hopes of going there! Can't wait to see the pics!!! So good to have you back!!! 🙂

Robin, did you say KRISSY's fathers name was Murphy??????

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Hi Maggie!! Welcome back!!!

Gosh a simmer in Alaska sounds beautiful and relaxing!!!

The little bear pic is soooo cute!!

Welcome back, Maggie! Sounds like you had an awesome summer. What a cute photo! Good luck with your gifts for your brothers! I'm sure they will love them!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Oh Robin, that is just awful!! I do hope you able to reschedule that trip sometime. Alaska is my favorite place in the whole world, it is so beautiful and wild. We lived in Fairbanks 5 1/2 yrs. I even liked the cold weather!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Welcome Back too!!!! lol!!!!! Alaska How Amazing!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.