Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! Hello, Everyone!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

My name is Donna, and I'm from the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. I'm married with 2 grown children and a 9-year-old son. I work at a machine embroidery shop, and I bake and decorate wedding cakes part-time.

I subscribed to Swirlydoos today, and like all the new members, I can't wait to get my first kit! My timing seems to be bad, though. I don't think I'll be getting my first kit until March. 🙁

I have been scrapbooking since 2002 or so (getting my start at a 'Creative Memories' home show). I joined a local scrapbooking store's discussion board–posting lay-outs, entering contests–until they went out of business. By then, I was in love with embellishments and sketch challenges, so CM wasn't enough for me. I then took a class that taught new techniques each month, and started experimenting and being more artistic.

Whenever possible, I attended Crop Nights (at Archiver's) & Scrap Retreats and subscribed to several scrapbook magazine subscriptions. Then Archiver's closed, the magazines stopped being published and the local retreats were becoming scarce. However was I to continue to feed my scrapbook addiction?

I now meet with a Crafting Club each month, but I need the papers and the bling and the social interaction from others who live, love, and breathe scrapbooking! I checked out 22 on-line monthly clubs. I had no idea there were so many! But the lay-outs and the kits I saw here spoke to me more than the others.

I look forward to getting to know you and participating in all the activities! Right now, I'm going to go browse through the gallery…

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Welcome to Swirlydoo's Donna!! If you love challenges, you will love what the girls have going each month

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Welcome to Swirlydoos, a great home away from home. The gallery here is awesome. Don't forget to like or follow the Swirlydoos Kit clubs Scrapbook Gallery on Facebook which is where the latest projects are getting posted. Can't wait to see what you do with the kits.

Hi, Donna! Welcome to Swirlydoos! It is a fantastic place!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Welcome Donna ,

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Welcome Donna, you have definitely come to the right place because we are all scrap obsessed, live breathe and eat cheap Ramen noodles as a result of our obsession!! Please join in our challenges, you don't even have to use our kits for most of the challenges so you can play with us while you wait along with the rest of us for the March kit!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Welcome…I'm from Wooster which is about 50 miles south of cleveland . Sounds like what we've all been through with closing of local stores, Archievers, etc. you will love your kit every month…these ladies will inspire you so much…can't wait to see your creations!

Welcome to Swirlydoos =)

Hi Donna, and welcome to Swirlydoos!!

Hi and welcome!! ;D

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Welcome to Swirlydoos, Donna!

Hi Donna and welcome! You will love all the challenges and chit chat on here, and there is oodles of inspiration and talent to get lost in!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Welcome to the gang Donna. You'll love it here, everyone is so talented and love to share this with all of us!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Welcome Donna, you have found the right place. Swirlydoos will feed your addiction, plus provide you with tons of scrappy inspiration.

Just jump right on in, we don't bite unless you are CAKE. I hope you will join us in the challenges. Can't wait to see your creations.

While you are waiting for kit add ons to be posted, just nose around the forums. There is plenty to keep you entertained, plus you can get caught up on all the hijinx.

Welcome, Donna! You'll love it here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.