Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photography HELP…Taking a Photo of a Layout

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Need help please. I am new at posting pics of layouts, and I am frustrated. !sad The photos I am taking of my layouts are not tuing out the way I want them. What's the best way to take a photo so you're just capturing the layout and it doesn't look like it's leaning or crooked? I've been placing the layout on the table, leaning over it and snapping the photo. Should I prop it up?

Thanks!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Tina, I lay my layout flat and take a picture in natural light. Then crop and straighten it in photoshop.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Same here. I go outside and stand over the layout, then I use the software to make sure it looks good.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I also lay my LO flat and stand over it in natural light

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I do the same as the others also.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I am taking the picture the same as most of you have mentioned, but I must be doing something wrong.

Hmmm. It can be hard to put it on a table…I put mine on the ground and stand right over it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Tina, exactly what seems to be the trouble? If you upload a photo here, someone may be able to figure it out for you.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I am in bed sending this from my iPhone, do unable to post a pic. You can go to the April Spring Cleaning thread and you can see one of my layouts there. Thanks for your help

OK Tina. From the looks of it you are still not standing right over the layout. Looks like you took it at a slight angle. Try to get over the layout. Or bend over it and watch your lines making sure they are straight with your viewfinder. The excess can be cropped and straightened in a photo editing program.

What Lisa said.

Maybe put the layout on the floor instead of the table.

I put mine on the floor, stand directly over top of it and make sure all sides look even before I snap the pic. Then… I correct the brightness and crop as necessary in iphoto (easier than photoshop if you have a MAC).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.