Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Scrap Clinic Help with half done work because I cant get done before deadlines and go on the next one

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Should I finish what I am working on or go on to the next challenge. This month my priority is to do the roound robin. Peggy I am glad you are in front of me because you know you I am going to asik about one zillion or trillion questions.

I think when my roommate payes her part of the trade of writing papers for helping organize my craft room that will make it much easier. I will have lot of room on my desk and tables to start some and move on when I get stuck.

Other suggestions appreciation.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Personally, I don't like to have things unfinished, but sometimes I will leave a page to marinate while I start on another. BUT, I always go back and finish it.

I do the same as Lisa, natch.

;)

My pages are ALWAYS marinating. But they always get done 99.9% of the time. Then there are those LO's that I HATE…So I will redo them by taking them apart…Here is an example of before and after…

[img:width=600&height=598]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320326372_55_FT125834_autumn_beauty_-_copy_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320326372_55_FT125834_always_autumn_sm_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Personally, I don't like to have things unfinished, but sometimes I will leave a page to marinate while I start on another. BUT, I always go back and finish it.

Ditto!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

LisaG, gorgeous before and after!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gah, I can't let a page sit and go on to the next. I do mine one at a time. SO, somteimes it takes FORVER to get that page done. Maybe if I changed my ways I could get more done.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

When I am doing design team work I always start all 4 at once!!!
            I seldom work on one at time. I usually have at least two going.
            If I am stuck on one the others will talk to me. :O

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gah, I can't let a page sit and go on to the next. I do mine one at a time. SO, somteimes it takes FORVER to get that page done. Maybe if I changed my ways I could get more done.

That's me too Angelica. But have to say that I started a mini the other day, then I started an exploding box and I have a tag 3/4 done and that is so unlike me. I feel so utterly unfocused having these three projects sitting around. They all have deadlines and I can't figure out which one I should really be focusing on!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Both are great LOs Lisa, but the 2nd one is AWESOME!!

yes yes and yes..That is what I'm doing at the moment…all 4 are 3/4 done….one more day to scrap…Sunday…aaaahhhh!!!!

The only bad thing is if you are like me and you don't glue as you go- you then have all that glueing to do! LOL

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Should I finish what I am working on or go on to the next challenge. This month my priority is to do the roound robin. Peggy I am glad you are in front of me because you know you I am going to asik about one zillion or trillion questions.

I think when my roommate payes her part of the trade of writing papers for helping organize my craft room that will make it much easier. I will have lot of room on my desk and tables to start some and move on when I get stuck.

Other suggestions appreciation.

Kathy, you're actually following Debbie, but feel free to ask if you have any questions…

@Lisa G that Plan A is stunning, Plan B is dropped my jaw!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, as to the original question: I've leaed that unless I have a real commitment, I will put things aside to marinate if they're not going anywhere. I've finished most of them (and am glad for the marination), a few are languishing 🙁 (
                  If there is a commitment or if I like what I'm doing, I tend to focus on that project until it's done.

Or, if it's not all glued down and someone picks it up to look at–BAM!!! The entire page falls apart. I still haven't put it back together.

Btw, Lisa, that is a gorgeous after lo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.