Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! Hi from Las Vegas

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hello! My name is Amber and I live in Las Vegas. I was on another site when I realized that I kept choosing favorite lo's that mentioned Swirlydoos. That's what brought me here. I've already received my first kit, the January Retro Tapestry kit, and it is absolutely breathtaking. I wish I could say that I was in the same ball park with you ladies, but that would be fibbing! Truly, it's all a little intimidating at this point, but I plan on just taking it all in and leaing from the pros. Thanks for all of the creative inspiration!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hi Amber, and welcome!!!!! I see I don't have to tell you about the awesomeness of the Swirly kits, you've found that out.
        Do let me tell you about the inspiration you're going to find here by checking out the gallery and all of the tips and tutorials that are submitted by the Swirly Sisters, as well as the challenges that are guaranteed to get the creative juices flowing…
        And then, just a reminder: everyone here was a newbie once (and a lot of us felt a bit intimidated), but with the help of all the resources on the site and all of the inspiration to be found in the Swirly kits, you are going to surprise yourself, I promise!!!!!
        Please, let us see what you come up with, we're also very nosy here!!!!!!! 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks so much Peggy. You're too kind!

Much appreciated!

Amber

Snagg1
            Send PM

Welcome, Amber. I felt the same way when I got my first kit & had been scrapping for years. However, everyone here is so encouraging & helpful. The first lo I posted I thought I had to scrap like everyone else & it was intimidating, but then realized I can use my on style and just lea new techniques & think outside my box.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Welcome Amber!!! I still feel a little intimidated at times. Let's face it….this place has all of my scrappy heroes! That is why this is the best place to be. The kits RAWK, and the members here are THE BEST anywhere! Everyone is always willing to help out and share a secret!

Can't wait to see what you did with the kit.

Hi Amber welcome to our little world!!!

I'm like you Amber, a little intimidated at all the talent! I'm one of those simple scrappers who would love to become a Vintage/Shabby Chic scrapper.
              I have decided to just try and change my style a little at a time! My first attempt is to make one of the flowers in the tutorial section!…then, I'm going to print a butterfly and attempt to create a layout for the Butterfly challenge!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Welcome Amber – like your screen name, you don't happen to have roots in Lawrence??

Don't be intimidated. I was where you are 10 months ago and though I am still a rather simple scrapper in comparison to a lot of these ladies I have been leaing tons and I like the improvements I see in my layouts, but like that it is still my own style. My suggestion would be to join next months Round Robin Challenge.

Enjoy!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Hi Amber…welcome 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Welcome to Swirlydoos Amber! I'm in Vegas too!

Hi Amber..I was once new here as well. I had a Guest Design Team spot, and never looked back!! That was the beginning of my Swirlydoos Fairytale. So glad you found us. The girls here are just awesome scrappers. I have seen such creative growth!! It is so amazing!! I hope you stay around for a while and get to know everyone!! it really is a lot of fun!!

Welcome_birdsswingingfeet321213.gif

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks ladies so much for all of the support!

@ Sherri-Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU…I graduated in 2001 with a psychology degree. Still Midwest at heart.

@ Robin-I'm so excited that there is another Swirlygirl in Vegas! I actually just got home from a Cricut class at Scrappin' Time. We are in desperate need of a good Scrapbooking store on the north side of town!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Rae is also from Vegas. She lives in Green Valley and has a pretty good store near her on Horizon Ridge. I've been there and they definately have better stuff than Scrappin Time, more in the Swirly Style!! It's called Scrappy Doo. But I don't know of anything on the north side. Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely check out Scrappy Doo!

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Hi Amber! Welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.