Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! Hi from Michigan

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

LOL…hopefully I am doing this right. My technical support team is at school…or work…lol. Let me start off by saying that I love all the layouts that have been created here at the Swirlydoos site! I found my way here by following Angelica and Lisa's LO's over at scrapbook.com. So here I am. Just bought my first kit today.
    I have been happily married for 18 years to my DH who puts up with all of my Artistic Adventures. I guess you could say I have ADD when it comes to art! Collecting fabric was my first passion. I just couldn't have enough…lol. I just loved Dreaming' of what I was going to do with it. Then I moved on to Painting. Of course I fell in love with pattes…and collected those…and Dreamed…what I would someday paint them on. Pottery, Mosaic tiles….followed suite. For one day ….I tried crochet? But you have to focus…and count…and you can't walk away from it….so that leaves me out of that bunch. My best friend (she has always been mad for paper….started with wall paper…lol)…got me hooked on collecting paper! Go figure. Enough about that. I have two wonderful boys (12 and 10). I did the stay home mom thing….and loved it…and have no regrets! I work as a Registered Nurse Wed, Friday, and Sats (13 hour shifts) with a ventilator dependent teenager in his home. I love my job (just like having a third son). This works great because my kids and Hubby go right to their computers on Friday nights…and do what ever they want…lol…(they don't even notice I am gone..lol)…until Saturday night at 11pm…lol. This allows me to attend all of their practices and events during the week (got lucky with nothing on Wednesdays).
    So now I am into paper…and creating with paper….and love all the techniques that I have leaed reading all the tutorials here. I am kind of known for thinking of something at the last minute…and then doing it…lol. I am working on that.
    My latest thing is painting online in GIMP. Not nearly as messy ( I am a very messy artist..lol). Creating my own die cuts that I can then use my Silhouette SD to cut out. Silhouette finally came out with a silhouette studio program…but it doesn't have the find an outline feature (they are working on it)…so I am stuck using the old program till that day. I have made some flowers…and Halloween images…and I am currently working on some Christmas stuff…and hope to get them cut out soon.

I look forward to reading everyones posts…and looking at your layouts!
    Heather

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Welcome Heather, I can't wait to see some of your creations.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Welcome to Swirlydoos Heather!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Welcome aboard!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Welcome Heather!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Welcome to Swirlyville.

Hi, Heather! Welcome to Swirlydoos!

Welcome Heather….you can put all your artistic talent to work here….

Hi Heather, WELCOME!!!!

we will definately enable you to collect, and hopefully use, some fantastic papers and embelishments.
            Welcome 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Hello heather!! Welcome!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Hi Heather and welcome to SD…gotta love paper

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Welcome, Heather!!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Hi Heather! Welcome!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Welcome Heather.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.