Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Hot Glue gun or conventional glue

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I have used a hot glue gun on my prima flowers and metal embellishments that require a little more stronger glue. I have heard that beacons 3 in 1 glue works just as good. I have yet to really bu myself with my glue gun but I am thinking of using conventional glue if there is a good stron one you recommend let me know. Hugs Tracy

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Tracy, I've had good luck with the Tombow metal glue. And Zip Dry is awesome; just make sure you use it in a well ventilated area!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I'll just chime in to say that Zip Dry is awesome. Beacons, in my opinion, is annoying because it stringy.

I'll just chime in to say that Zip Dry is awesome. Beacons, in my opinion, is annoying because it stringy.

ditto
        but if the stringy stuff doesn't bother , than yes it works too.
        Watch out though-If for the first time in 10 years you get you get a manicure for a special occasion and the next you use the beacon's and get some on your newly polished nails. Let's just say-make sure no kids are around….sigh

I use pop dots or Glossy Accents or Alene's Tacky Glue. Whatever is within reach.

I will use my hot glue gun for many things like metal. Never tried Arlenes for metal but I shall. love Arlenes for trim and ribbon though.

I started out using Beacons and it does work well but is stringy and clogs. You need to keep a pin in it. Then I discovered how fabulous using my glue gun was! Why in Gods name had I not thought of it sooner! It does not clog, It bonds INSTANTLY (and I mean you better like where you just put that sucker down cuz it ain't movin) instantly! And it doesn't run out! One of those sticks lasts forever! So I am a glue gunner and ATC girl now. I will say it is very very bad for manicures and do not test the glue to see if it is hot. IT IS!!!

Thanks ladies that helps a lot. Hugs tracy

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I use Aleen's tacky glue or glossy accents. Just recently I stared using my hot glue gun.

I'm trying to buy a ATG gun to replace my stupid vario!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Zip dry is wonderful for holding down heavy things!!! I use Aleen's and lots of dots.

i never even thought about using my hot glue gun. Well i just have to add it to the arsenal.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I have a glue gun and never could get it right, not quick enough, I guess.

Snagg1
              Send PM

i always use pritt gel glue or helmar 450, works well for me.

I use my glue gun, but not for scrap related projects, to messy!

Snagg1
                Send PM

I hardly ever use my glue gun on scrapbooking, but use it a lot on other projects. I usually use dots, fabric tac or glossy acents on embellies. On mini albums I do use the glue gun because stuff gets handled more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.