Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW How big of a paper hoarder are you?!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We all love our paper and HATE to use it. I know that because I do it…don't lie…be honest.

I want to hear your most SHAMELESS paper hoarding story EVER!!! Or if you have a paper hoarding habit let's hear about that!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So my girlfriend refuses to use a piece of paper unless she has 3 pieces of it!! She bought every paper pack that DCWV had…in TRIPLICATE!!! And then…anytime she would use a piece…she would run out and replace the entire pack!

I have actually aired my dirty laundry on the blog today. When I can't stand to use a piece I love I duplicate that paper and use my mock up instead of actually using the paper! I did this a few times at camp and did it on the LO that is posted to the blog today. That's my paper hoarding habit.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I'm much better than when I started scrapping 4 years ago. I get one set of each collection in my SD kit and if I really love certain papers or the rest of the collection not in the kit I buy them. RARELY duplicates for me anymore unless I adore both sides of that particular paper. I have soooo much old paper collection that it is sick. I did but the entire Prima Sunrise, Sunset though on top of the few sheet in the July kit. And I WILL get the 7Dots 9th Wave somehow too.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

(Andie, loved your video and that is such a great idea, thanks for the tutorial!)

I've gone from owning lots of extra pieces, at least. I still have some Prima Indeed, Flutterby and Pastiche, some Glitz Laced with Grace and GCD Ella Blue, as well as a full pad of K & Co Blue Awning.
          But, I'm getting better. I almost stopped myself from using a couple of pieces of G45 to make a card for my sister (I have two of each mind you) and told myself to stop being so silly.

No, my real problem now seems to be wanting more product than I could ever realistically use. That's not a big an issue as it was; my budget and the fact that I'm no longer keeping things in drawers and bins, but out where I can see them have made me realize that I don't need to acquire and hoard.

Still, some of the papers that I own are no longer available anywhere and what if I do want to use it one day and OMG, I would hate not to own it any more !amazed

I guess that this is awfully common among scrappers? Or at least among Savages.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

You sound just like me Peggy. I'm getting better, well sort of! lol

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Still, some of the papers that I own are no longer available anywhere and what if I do want to use it one day and OMG, I would hate not to own it any more !amazed

I know! That's exactly the way I feel. It's so wrong!! There will always be something else ya know?

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

there will ALWAYS be something else. I have adopted this philosophy recently- there's no reason not to use your best stuff on every layout- paper especially. Even with crappy previews, there will still be enough beautiful papers every six months to keep you in stock. (Blue Awning excluded, of course.)

I know I have very little paper compared to those who have been scrapping for years(I've only been collecting, I mean scrapping for a year) but I have decided that I can NOT buy anymore paper til I have used up what I have. Even those that I have no idea what I will do with them.

It's the little bits and pieces that I have to have. And things that I want to upcycle one day.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

[quote]

I know! That's exactly the way I feel. It's so wrong!! There will always be something else ya know?
                  [/quote]

Not from what we've seen so far from the sneak peeks!!!!!!! that's why I hold on to my VERY old collections

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

hahaha…good point Kathi!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

I don't hoard as much paper as I used to and I did make a point of using some of my older papers when I was at swirlycamp. I told myself it was a special occasion and I needed to use some of my stash. Donna can vouch for me–haha! I don't really buy multiples of the same paper unless it happens by accident (i.e. I buy it and then it comes in a kit)–hallelujah for that!

I agree with Rae, use your stuff! I tend to use what I have IF I am scrapping! I am so excited to get to scrapping again!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

hahaha…good point Kathi!

Yes.

I am pretty Good with most of my stuff but i have one line that i hoard. I'm in love with the prima Rondelle collection. I have to buy the whole line to replace before I use it. It has its own drawer…. How sad is that.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I am a recovering paper ho (have the t-shirt to prove it). I have gotten rid of a lot of my paper stash. I am still hoarding a few things (old basic grey, blue awning and all my G45). I have even stopped buying multiples of paper, unless it is a MOOST have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.