Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop How do I?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I want to make the background behind my signature clear so that when I use it there isn't a white box around it. Can someone tell me how to do that? I have PSE8

[img:width=157&height=91]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1296305751_13_FT0_signature.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I do this by using the magic extractor to extract from the white background and then sAve it as a png file

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh, wow Maggi. Your knowledge of PSE has increased by leaps and bounds. I don't think I've ever used the magic extractor or the little wand thingy. I'm so impressed!!!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Ok, I found the magic extractor but I can't find a way to exclue the background all at once. It looks like I have to use a pencil or eraser. That wont' work. It will be too hard to get in and around the letters. What am I missing?

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I tried it and was able to save your signature as a png and it looked fine but when I upload it as a png it converts to a jpg so it still has the white box. Where are the experts?? I have done this on my website successfully but can't seen to make this work. Sorry Lisa.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Hmmm…I'm not sure how you want to use the siggie. But I think to use in forums and such you need code. I have used my http://www.mylivesignature.com/.

in pse
            You can just go to file – new blank file – then choose transparent for the background.
            You just type your text. Nothing to extract.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

You know Lisa, I figured that new blank file out this am but when I uploaded it it was a black file. So then I changed the text to white and I had white text with a black background. I was saving as a png and I used the transparent background. I don't know why it was that way…. Maybe something Picasa was doing?

Snagg1
                Send PM

I want to use it on my blog, so a jpeg is fine. Any ideas?

Ta- Da

Granted I have to tweak the size but I got it to work!!!!
                You have to do something different to post in a forum than on a blog.

To post on your blog follow the instructions given http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/140-how-to-add-a-signature-to-your-blog-posts-updated.html

To post in a forum use the IMG code in Photobucket not the HTML code.
                You have to create your signature in PSE on a transparent background and save as a PNG file.

Testing

Still too big. Must go back to the drawing board. Make sure you get your size right first.
                (insert swear words here)

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Ta- Da

Granted I have to tweak the size but I got it to work!!!!
                  You have to do something different to post in a forum than on a blog.

To post on your blog follow the instructions given http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets/140-how-to-add-a-signature-to-your-blog-posts-updated.html

To post in a forum use the IMG code in Photobucket not the HTML code.
                  You have to create your signature in PSE on a transparent background and save as a PNG file.

Love you!!! I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks so much Lisa!!! XOXO

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

LisaN, love the siggy!!!!

very cool! I want something like that!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.