Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop How is everyone doing with their new Photoshop software?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Since there are a group of us here that are working on leaing PSE I just wondered how everyone was doing. I have been hard at work and for now, I'm concentrating on photo improvement. I have alot of pictures from the summer that for assorted reasons are not all that great! Here is a photo where the light source is obviously not coming from the direction to light our face. A flash would have helped here but I didn't take the photo soooooo

IMG_3822%20small.jpg

I'm open for any constructive criticism from you pros too!! Anything I could do different or add, let's hear it!!
      So I have started working with layers and was able to improve this picture quite a bit.

Denali%20dick%20maggi1.jpg

That is Mount McKinley in the background.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

That is fabulous Maggi!!!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Wow! Great job!

Wow, Maggi! That looks wonderful!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh I see I have a flaw on dh's collar. Hmmm, wonder what I did, looks like I may have been tossing the clone tool around!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Awesome job! I can't see any flaw!

Beautiful job Maggi!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

awesome job. …I also have been editing, nothing spectacular yet, but I have been changing lots as far as cropping, lighting. and a few other things. It is coming along 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks ladies!

And Yay Shona!! Let us see something you've done! We've got to cheer each other on.

I just got my computer back yesterday from getting up graded so now I can try. First I gotta figure out how to get the photo on the work table!

Maggi, that is an outstanding job on that photo. It would have been one of those photos you toss because you can't see the subjects face. Are you going to share your technique? I have one photo that I've kept for years, hoping done day I would be able to fix it.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Definitely was going by the seat of my pants Joyce!! I made a copy layer, captured just the two of us with the Quick Selection Tool and then adjusted the lighting and color of just us. Then I merged the layers and then made some more adjustments to the overall picture. I tried to tone down the red in my face but when I did it screwed everything else up. I think my face was red from windbu. It was really windy that day and kind of cold! And I didn't have any makeup on either, LOL!! Camping ~ makeup, not so much!!

I think one of the big things to lea in PSE is layers so that is where I am concentrating my efforts right now.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Maggie, that is fantastic!!!!

Me, I'm trying to figure out where to find the time to lea. 🙁

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Maggie, that is fantastic!!!!

Me, I'm trying to figure out where to find the time to lea. 🙁

I hear yay on the time issue! I start out in the am to scrap, so go to find a photo, spend hours and hours leaing to edit, and maybe start scrapping around 4 pm. It is frustrating but will be worth the time investment later!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

My problem is that I have to leave for work at 2:30 and don't get home until 1:am 5 days a week, (unless I'm called in for a 6th), which leaves me 2 days for cleaning and errands with (hopefully) scrapping in between. Right now, I'm waiting for a laundry load to finish…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.